Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hippa Law True Or False

Rate this topic

he asked my name and last 4, which I gave him, and he told me I had to go talk to my primary.

Well my primary is the one who sent me a letter saying no further treatment is needed, but they are basing that on an incorrect MRI reading. I would gladly meet face to face with the Radioligist, but wasant given that option.

I have 3 previous documentations that contradict what this doctor is saying, so I want to make them update everything so I can get proper care and comp.

Edited by 63SIERRA

when I had surgery I met my surgeon, when I had diet, I met my dietician, when I had cancer, I met my cancerologist, what is the big problem with meeting Radiologist? they are like the secret agents of the VAMC. Nobody ever sees them. like ninjas.

The nurses and doctors in my primary team have spoken with me by phone after verifying my name , date of birth and last 4 ??

So have reps from the RO / so I guess its a we will call you, dont call us situation

Maybe so, Sierra, but just because someone on the phone has your name, DOB, and last four, it doesn't prove that person is actually you. That's why so many offices require waivers and in person with photo ID proof that the person is, in fact, who they say they are.

I'm in HR, and I will not discuss anything over the phone concerning a person's application, employment status, or direct deposit payroll information specific to that person. That's for their protection as well as my company's, so I don't open us up to being sued for any variety of reasons stemming from possible identity theft. That includes instances when I generate the contact. In situations like that, we meet in person or I get written signed permission with photo ID.

A disgruntled ex-spouse (or soon to be ex-spouse) is a perfect example of someone who would have that information and who could give it to someone else to pose as the veteran over the phone.