Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Finding A Lawyer Before My Tdrl Meeting

Rate this question

outdoorsmanforlife

Question

Hi, I would like some help finding a lawyer to look over my case. I am rated at the 80% but paid 100% for unemployability. I had a brain injury while I was in the Navy. Four years later the injury has gotten much better. I would like to get back in the workforce. But I'm afraid to leave the safety net of unemployability. I'm willing to pay a good lawyer to look over my file and give me my options. Thanks for reading.

If you're interested in starting a business I would recommend you go to voc rehab. They have a self employment track that allows you to collect your 100% unemployable rating while you attempt to start your own business. They also can help cover start up costs and expenses. This seems to me to be the safest route, since if the business is unsuccessful or if your disabilities prove to be a problem, you can fall back on the unemployable rating and have the VA documentation to show that it's the direct result of your disabilities.

I think I already posted a suggestion here somewhere.....in another thread.

I suggested that you get an opinion from an independent medical professional (Neurologist) as to whether you can work or not, and if your brain injury has actually improved.

I have a lay neuro background _one deceased husband ( US Army) had a brain tumor and my deceased USMC husband had brain trauma from strokes and multiple areas of brain damage due to transcient brain ischemia.

I commend you for wanting to continue to work. Both of them believed up until they died, that they could overcome their disabling problems.

You sound like my USMC husband...he became severely depressed when he received SSDI.

Also VA had declared him 100% P & T solely due to PTSD 3 years after he died and in 2012 they declared him 100% Under a Section 1151 stroke.he had in 1992.almost 20 years after his death.

He wanted to return to work too but never could. I hope that you can.

You got good advise here.

You could contact Bob Walsh...his contact info is here and we have done many blog radio shows for him...

I am not sure how Bob would be able to help.

But he is very user friendly and he is a fabulous veteran's lawyer for claims issues..

Robert P. Walsh

Attorney

2 Michigan Avenue West

Suite 301

Battle Creek, Michigan 49017

Telephone (269) 962-9693

Telecopier (269) 962-9592

E-mail: rpwalsh@sbcglobal.net

Edited by Berta