Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Is Not A Unified Body

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Once you understand that VA is NOT a unified body, it will help.

People often ask, "What will the VA do in x circumstance". Here is a real example:

A veteran submits a claim with a y nexus, an x disability, and z symptoms. He is looking for benefit Q.

1. Regional Office "ST. Pete" denies Q. However, Employee R, disagrees and awards it in the DRO review.

2. Regional Office "Indy" awards benefit Q but assigns an incorrect effective date.

3. Employee "H" of the Cleveland RO denies benefit Q, and loses half the Veterans C file, meaning appeals will take 10 years.

4. Employee "R" of nashville awards benefit Q, but then forgets to enter it into Vacols, so Veteran never gets paid, and has to appeal to get what he should be already receiving.

5. Employee "B" of Buffalo, shreds the Q claim, but awards "R" at zero percent, and reports the Veteran to the VAOIG for travel pay issues. Travel pay issues turn out to be bogus, but employee b is upset and retaliates on Veteran by inserting veterans file into another Vets file, knowing this will cause 10 year delay.

....it keeps going, and this is with the same claim. When people ask, "what will the VA do when"...there is never a consistent answer.

Edited by broncovet

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree ArNG11,

I defiantly love to have my health back I believe every veteran would, I miss working like a normal man, being disable and can't work due to the military service is just one of those things that can't be helped so we supposably get our benefits and I thank for the government for that but to put up with the VA BS could cause a ''disability in its self or worse for the veteran

if they would hire people with just a little compassion and common sense that will take there time to ''READ'' that would help I believe more than anything.

I have high hopes for the young veterans of today the New VA Sec ''if given the authority'' will get the VA up and running better than ever before.

jmo

........Buck!