• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

how much did you owe IRS? i owe 43000

i do hope that be $430.00 not $43,000.00 wow!!!!//bigjim

• HadIt.com Elder

by law they are not supposed to take more than 15% of your SSD check even for money owed to the government I owed the PO when I got my SSD so they took nothing out of back pay and then notified me they were going to start the garnishment in 90 days and they did at 15% it took them almost 2 years, but I got 85% of the SSD check every month I would think the VA would be the same rules

but I go with the dart board theory

• HadIt.com Elder

If you owe the IRS I believe you can hire lawyers who will negotiate with them for you to get a settlement. If you owe the VA you can negotiate also according to the rules. I see ads on TV all the time for lawyers who agree to negotiate with the IRS for back taxes. A lot of people owe the IRS millions and they negotiate because the IRS wants something as opposed to getting all of nothing.

by law they are not supposed to take more than 15% of your SSD check even for money owed to the government I owed the PO when I got my SSD so they took nothing out of back pay and then notified me they were going to start the garnishment in 90 days and they did at 15% it took them almost 2 years, but I got 85% of the SSD check every month I would think the VA would be the same rules

but I go with the dart board theory

When i retired for thenavy i owed the state of Ky 20,000 that rite 20,000 dollars

in back taxes. I told them to take my retirement check, and they said that they

couldnot do that, so, I let it go for a while and they settled for 4500 dollars///bigjim

43,000.00 ouch!!1

If I owed that much monies, i would get me a very dull knife and go

to the woods and cut my throath>>>>ha ha hah ///bigjim