VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Oig Report

Rate this question

Berta

Question

VA OIG released today many of their investigative reports.

I only had time to pick one to read. It is a dooozy!!!

"Since VISN 19 determined the employee was erroneouly appointed as a PA and did not possess the required education as a PA ,he was offered alternate job positions. An OPA is not an occupation coveredby Title 38 in VA. The employee opted to retire effective August 14, 2014."

http://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/VAOIG-14-01740-183.pdf

How many vets health care did this unqualified employee bugger up already?

So much for VA's vetting process.

That is how ,many years ago they were able to hire a serial killer.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

4 answers to this question

well not one serial killer....

"Collectively, Kornak, Mullins, Williams, Gilbert, and Swango may very well be responsible for over 350 deaths, most being sick veterans in VA hospitals. The real questions are; how many more serial killers remain undetected in the VA healthcare system? "

Michael Swango, Dr Paul Kornyak, James Mullens, Richard Williams,Kristen Gilbert

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2006/12/10/serial-killers-within-va-healthcare-system/

• HadIt.com Elder

I think there is a lot of non PA's at the VA, on the rise...(jmo)

I hand surgery recently and a PI (practicing Intern ) did the surgery as the Surgeon Dr guided the procedure, my biggest help was with the therapist! & the kicker here is when the Dr made my appointments I got them within a week....when Doc ask me to check in with the clinic clerks before I left and get them to make me an appointment in 5 weeks wanted to see me back in 5 weeks ...So I did check in with the clnic clerk told her what the Dr ask me to do... but the appointment was never made and is not not made at present.

My VAMC uses a lot of interns to complete their residency?or other type programs, I am sure other VAMC do the same?

...............Buck!

Edited by Buck52

When you wake up out of surgery and see 20 chinese teenagers with thick glasses staring down at you, you know you were a training aid .

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I wonder how many CUE's will arise out of this...