Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

An Email My Daughter Sent To Ms Allison Hickey On My Behalf. Please Read Everyone!

Rate this topic

Sorry to hear of your Dads issues with the VA, and thank you for being there for him. My wife and I both lost our parents before are teens, so my kids don't have Grand Parents, and I sure would be proud for my kids to have a good Fellow like your Dad!!!! Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless!!!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

God bless all you wonderful veterans who took the time to read this letter and thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words and support. It truly means so much! Received a reply from Ms Hickey today stating she hopes her children feel for her like I feel about my dad. She stated for me to contact her as soon as I receive his buddy statement.

It was great to get her reply. I truly believe she cares for us all!!!! We need someone too!!! I just read my dad all your replies and her said thank you for your service, support, and may God bless each and everyone of you.

Listen...... IF THE INJURY TO YOUR FATHERS LEG HAPPENED DURING COMBAT OPERATIONS, THERE IS A LAW THAT BASICALLY STATES THAT THE VA MUST TAKE THE VETERANS TESTIMONY AS THE TRUTH UNLESS IT IS CLEARLY ILLOGICAL AND EVIDENT THAT IT IS NOT THE TRUTH. ' Some please post the reg.

The buddy statement should not even be needed and he may have what is called a CUE claim, because they did not implement the law. your father could get paid all the way back to his initial filing date.

DONT AGREE TO NOTHING UNTIL YOU FIND OUT,.

(d) Combat. Satisfactory lay or other evidence that an injury or disease was incurred or aggravated in combat will be accepted as sufficient proof of service connection if the evidence is consistent with the circumstances, conditions or hardships of such service even though there is no official record of such incurrence or aggravation.
(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 1154(b))
Edited by 63SIERRA

Also the medical records get goofed up all the time, they get which eye was injured, which arm, which leg, mixed up very often. Anything that a person has 2 of. so it would be very likely and logical that the wrong leg was recorded. I had an eye injury while on active duty and they listed the wrong eye as injured.

(b) In the case of any veteran who engaged in combat with the enemy in active service with a military, naval, or air organization of the United States during a period of war, campaign, or expedition, the Secretary shall accept as sufficient proof of service-connection of any disease or injury alleged to have been incurred in or aggravated by such service satisfactory lay or other evidence of service incurrence or aggravation of such injury or disease, if consistent with the circumstances, conditions, or hardships of such service, notwithstanding the fact that there is no official record of such incurrence or aggravation in such service, and, to that end, shall resolve every reasonable doubt in favor of the veteran. Service-connection of such injury or disease may be rebutted by clear and convincing evidence to the contrary. The reasons for granting or denying service-connection in each case shall be recorded in full.

AND I WILL BET YOU A DOZEN CRISPY KREME DONUTS THE HONORABLE HICKEY DIDNT MENTION NOTHING ABT THIS REG TO YOU???

Edited by 63SIERRA

THE VA OWES THOUSANDS OF VIETNAM VETERANS MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. and Im trying to help them get it .

• HadIt.com Elder

Also the medical records get goofed up all the time, they get which eye was injured, which arm, which leg, mixed up very often. Anything that a person has 2 of. so it would be very likely and logical that the wrong leg was recorded. I had an eye injury while on active duty and they listed the wrong eye as injured.

(b) In the case of any veteran who engaged in combat with the enemy in active service with a military, naval, or air organization of the United States during a period of war, campaign, or expedition, the Secretary shall accept as sufficient proof of service-connection of any disease or injury alleged to have been incurred in or aggravated by such service satisfactory lay or other evidence of service incurrence or aggravation of such injury or disease, if consistent with the circumstances, conditions, or hardships of such service, notwithstanding the fact that there is no official record of such incurrence or aggravation in such service, and, to that end, shall resolve every reasonable doubt in favor of the veteran. Service-connection of such injury or disease may be rebutted by clear and convincing evidence to the contrary. The reasons for granting or denying service-connection in each case shall be recorded in full.

AND I WILL BET YOU A DOZEN CRISPY KREME DONUTS THE HONORABLE HICKEY DIDNT MENTION NOTHING ABT THIS REG TO YOU???

"(b) In the case of any veteran who engaged in combat with the enemy in active service with a military, naval, or air organization of the United States during a period of war, campaign, or expedition, the Secretary shall accept as sufficient proof of service-connection of any disease or injury alleged to have been incurred in or aggravated by such service satisfactory lay or other evidence of service incurrence or aggravation of such injury or disease, if consistent with the circumstances, conditions, or hardships of such service, notwithstanding the fact that there is no official record of such incurrence or aggravation in such service, and, to that end, shall resolve every reasonable doubt in favor of the veteran. Service-connection of such injury or disease may be rebutted by clear and convincing evidence to the contrary. The reasons for granting or denying service-connection in each case shall be recorded in full."

The VA frequently FAILS (I believe intentionally) to take note of a veteran's combat status.

Even when they do, there are so many loopholes in the mentioned reg that the VA makes use of that it's not as useful as you would think.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use