VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Two 30's And Three 10's Equals 64 Right?

Rate this question

52d

Question

I recently receive a rating increase that says I am rated at 70%

My ratings are as follows

30% Plantar fasciitis

30% IBS

10% Tinnitis

10% Lumbar strain

10% Ankle strain

According to the tables and the VA calculator on Hadit.com this equals 64.279, which would round down to 60%.

Am I missing something? Did VA make a mistake and will they come after the money eventually if they did?

Thanks

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

52d,

I also got a 64. Check and make sure you don't have another 10% rating because one more 10% rating would compute to 68 rounded up to 70%.

If not, I would call 1-800-827-1000 and see what they are showing for your awards. It is my understanding from a post I read this morning you can go to your Ebenefits account and click on "Dashboard" and get a breakdown of your different ratings. I haven't tried it yet so I am not sure.

Good luck.

GP

I am thinking like Georgia, that maybe you have a 10% floating out there. Good luck

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

• HadIt.com Elder

at 60% rating or even a less rating it use to be 60% at least you can possibly get TDIU if these disability's keeps you from working or have gainful employment?

(Authority: 38 U.S.C. 501)

(b) It is the established policy of the Department of Veterans Affairs that all veterans who are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation by reason of service-connected disabilities shall be rated totally disabled. Therefore, rating boards should submit to the Director, Compensation Service, for extra-schedular consideration all cases of veterans who are unemployable by reason of service-connected disabilities, but who fail to meet the percentage standards set forth in paragraph (a) of this section. The rating board will include a full statement as to the veteran's service-connected disabilities, employment history, educational and vocational attainment and all other factors having a bearing on the issue.

[40 FR 42535, Sept. 15, 1975, as amended at 54 FR 4281, Jan. 30, 1989; 55 FR 31580, Aug. 3, 1990; 58 FR 39664, July 26, 1993; 61 FR 52700, Oct. 8, 1996; 79 FR 2100, Jan. 13, 2014]

.................Buck!

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Thanks all,

I think that I saw something on the net one time about the bilateral factor. Has anyone heard of this. It would explain it to me if my bilateral plantar fasciitis was 33 instead of 30

52d,

If you had a rating for bilateral fasciitis, this would have pushed your rating up so you would have received the 70% combined rating.

You can find info about bilateral rating factor at 38 CFR part 4.26.

GP