Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Denied For No Clinical Diagnosis

Rate this question

highoctane

Question

I was diagnosed with coronary artery disease in 2012 while on active duty, I had 2 stents implanted, then 2 more 6 months later. This is all in my medical records..after 20 years about half of my medical record is from March 2012-dec 2014 when I retired and is related to my heart disease. I even got all my civilian records from when the stents were implanted on 2 different occasions and supplied those to the VA. The claim came back "not service connected".."no clinical diagnosis". This seems absurd to me..what am I missing? What evidence specifically might they want that might not be in my records? I mean the diagnosis was good enough for the insurance to pay for the stents..I'm baffled thanks for any Input.

You bet. PS is right.

The info on how to do this is in our CUE forum. Google GCY VA Go Cue Yourself VA.....

No reg, I made it up and it has been working for me.

Give me the name of your VARO and I probably have the email for their Director.

I filed 7 CUEs last week on 2 recent decisions and found another CUE as I was talking to my RO director on the phone.

I suggest you file the CUE via IRIS as a complaint as well as sending it to the Director and you sure might want to contact the Under Secretary Ms. Hickey.

allison.hickey@va.gov

VA had not even looked at my 2 claims for 2 1/2 years. No acknowledgement at all.

Due to contacting Ms. Hickey my claims are now at VACO.

I humbly suggest filing under 38 CFR 3.156 a or c. You do not have to prove "undebateable" error under 3.156. Remember, Veterans get the "benefit of the doubt" in all cases
EXCEPT CUE. You need merely show this is "new" evidence that the Va did not have earlier, and that it is probative (material) to your outcome. So you should reopen with "new and material evidence".

The evidence you suggest was obviously not considered, probably because the VA shredded it.

There are soo many more victims of shreddergate than people imagine, and most of them dont even know it. This is very obvious to me that you are another shreddergate victim.

Edited by broncovet

Yeah Philadelphia RO is the new Shreddergate ...among others.....

"What's even more bizarre is they granted me a claim that I'm pretty sure was never "officially" diagnosed in my records. My military doctor withheld an official diagnosis."

Weird...I hope the rating was good.

They recently granted my pending CUE claim, but said they didn't owe me any accrued money.

But in CUE award I got in 2012 they did pay me 6 months retro.yet the 1151 issue continued for 22 months as an accrued claim.

VA denies CUE claims right off the bat if there is no monetary value to the claimant.

I raised hell on that decision . The RO director sent the claims to VACO. last week.