Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Good Or Bad?

Rate this question

Dtown

Question

In February 2015 I was awarded 20% for L knee(10%) and tinnitus(10%). Both C&P done by civilian doctors. The process for my first claim took 10 months.

I filed a new claim on 2/26/2015 for hearing loss and righ knee (secondary). I was contacted today (3/27/15) and scheduled for C&P with VA doctors.

I did not expect such a quick response. Is this good or bad news for me?

Thank you!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Does anyone have the link that shows how long each RO is currently averaging?

Thanks

Kate

Here it is, the Monday Morning Workload Reports:

http://benefits.va.gov/REPORTS/detailed_claims_data.asp

Find the latest week, download and open up the excel spreadsheet, the look at the "Rating Bundle Measures - SOO" tab or Station of Origin data. You'll have to sort the ROs by region. It always seems to come up the Eastern region (there are instructions on the sheet). Click the box that says "Eastern Area" and it will give you a pull down tab to choose another region. You'll also see how your RO matches up against others in terms of measured accuracy.

The data is what it is...self-reported information. It's supposed to be as of the opening of business Monday morning which is about the same as close of business on Friday afternoon and gets updated at some point on Mondays, usually, or Tuesday if Monday is a federal holiday. Some weeks, I've found the raw data to be notably off what it should be. It's a look, though, into what's happening at your RO. One of the more interesting things that I've seen is that some ROs are very, very quick in their turnaround times probably because they have a limited number of veterans in their geographic area. Other ROs are completely overwhelmed.