Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Knee C&p

Rate this question

diver

Question

Well I just returned home from my HOPEFULLY LAST C&P exam. This one was for my left and right knee chrondromalacia and extension. The Dr was very friendly and forthcoming with information. I asked the DR at the end what his findings were and he said for the flex (chrondromalacia) he found that both knees measured at 75 degrees with forcing my knees back. For my extension he said both knees were at 15 degrees. He also stated that he had no idea what that would convert to for disability and I told him that I believe that the 75 degree was 0% but the 15 degree was 20%. I hope that I am wrong about the 75 degree. being 0% After that he asked if I had shin splints. I answered at times it feels like it and he then also stated that my xrays and the report from them show arthritis in both knees (that’s news to me) he said that I should not loose any disability because I have the arthritis. I really hope that they give me more than I am thinking. If I were to get all 4 of the claims from 10% to 20% I believe that would get me to 95%.

I was rated for MDD at 50% but they had another DR look at it for PTSD and he stated that it was at least likely then not (greater then 50%) service connected and he stated that I have considerable reliability loss. (heh but ok).I am curious if the PTSD is no longer temp. I know that my diagnosis is chronic PTSD. if it is not temp then when I hit 100% it would have to be P&T.

Here are my ratings as of now for you calculator people.

Bilateral findings are

20% right ankle sprain

10% left ankle sprain

10% left knee chrondromalacia

10% right knee chrondromalacia

10% left knee extension

10% right knee extension

non bilateral

50% MDD I think soon PTSD

40% lumbar strain

10% left hip sciatica

10% left knee instability (this might go away the dr said it was swollen not instability)

10% tinnitus

thanks for your input.

Diver

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Great to hear you made it thru the exams bud. Good luck and keep us posted.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Will do I am so close to the 100% I can taste it. I am hoping that they will rate the arthritis under 5003. The Dr asked what happens when it's really bad. I told him about not being able to walk or even stand up and the Dr said that's exactly what he was looking for. If they rate it under the 5003 it could be rated at 20% each knee with no limitation of motion and only xrays.

• HadIt.com Elder

I get 89% rounded to 90% but that's w/o any bilateral factor. Just so you know, it's very difficult to get 100%, that way.

I don't understand your statement about 100% and P&T?? "I know that my diagnosis is chronic PTSD. if it is not temp then when I hit 100% it would have to be P&T." Why would it have to be P&T???

pr

If it's not P&T then there will be another example if 5 years and a lot of the benefits do not kick in until it is P&T. And in my eyes chronic meens no change always have. Granted chronic for the VA probably meens that it's not permanent. I need the P&5 because I have 2 middle school kids and in Washington state if you are P&T they will pay for a 2 year degree of I am permanent and that is more important to me than anything else.

My PTSD, TBI and Crohns has been listed as Chronic for over 2 years, and as you can see but, I still got the Old Temp 100%!!!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars