Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lost Cue At Federal Court

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

After more than 8 years of appeals I lost my CUE appeal at the Federal Court yesterday. My lawyer did stick by me all those years. Perhaps if he knew more at the time he would have told me we would lose eventually. It was a long shot, but I learned a lot. I did learn that regardless of the reason if you do not file a NOD within one year of a decision no matter how bad it is, or how flawed you will lose 95% of the time. Even if the VA sends your decision to Outer Mongolia and you never get your appeal rights you will lose if you don't appeal in a timely way. For all you vets and spouses out there if you get a decision and it is not all you want file an appeal on time.

John

When man say no God say yes. I feel bad about the situation but this is not a funeral . 8 years is a long time but there are many you can come from different angles to recoup something for the 8yrs of fighting even if you go through your files and file a different claim for something that may have been overlooked , sometimes we get tunnel vision and don't see other things or benefits we are entitled to . I just want encourage you the VA is not a perfect system, they makes lots of mistakes. Just take a deep breath pray and just look through your files you may have missed something you needed to file for.

For the record, Loyal-- Willie retired. Leigh A. Bradley took his place. She is a positive butthead as you can see from my Writ.