Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Just Updated To "prep For A Decision" Today

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

I just saw the update on my ebenefits today, that it went from "Gathering of Evidence" to "Prep for a Decision" and it looks like they are still moving it along under the FDC Program for me? Also, we'll see if the 13 DBQ's that I submitted originally, will actually make a difference for me in the process? Interestingly, I've been reporting based upon the VBA Monday Workload Reports to this forum that Disability Claims outcomes are moving along very rapidly now for completion to reduce the backlog for FY 15? It has been reported as a "leadership goal" in the news over the last couple of years? I was thinking that I would hear something by the end of the summer on my claim so this is a bit of a surprise now? Originally, my claim completion date went from 15 to 37 months and now it looks like it is going to be quicker? I feel like I put in a good disability claims package despite some incorrect information from my VSO, but the real $64.00 question will be if "all" of my SMR records made it to get digitised into the new VBMS System and if the raters will see "all" of that SMR evidence that was provided? I submitted and then cancelled 2 FOIAs to obtain my C-File because the whole process went to a standstill while the FOIA requests were in? Then as soon as I cancelled the FOIAs, the process started moving again? A major concern for me is that a large percentage of my SMRs are handwritten and this could be a disadvantage for me and other "older" vets? The rationale is that if a rater has a time crunch, then they will use the documents that are the easiest to read rather than the handwritten ones that may have critical eveidence? I also, provided supporting documents during the CP examinations again, so I provided it a second time as well. Like most Vets, I'm a bit nervous now because I don't want to end up with doing years of NODs, CUEs, and Appeals so I hope it works this first time out of the gate? That said, I've had the wonderful benefit of learning from this hadit.com forum and it's amazing contributors over the last 1.5 years and would have probably submitted my original claim a bit differently -given what I've learned now? So, at least at this point, I know, I have a lot of options if things don't go my way for my claim? But, I remain optomistic that things will work out in the "end"...I just don't really know what the "end" looks like?

Edited by rootbeer22

Folks

Update...I'm now Pending Decision Approval as of a couple of days ago? So may be, I'll get an answer by the end of the Summer? I know tha there's a big push to get the claims backlog down for FY 2105? But, I'm also concerned about something being done too fast and how it affects the outcome of a claim? Either way, I'll be able to let the group know what happens. I would like it so I don't have to do alot of NODs, or Appeals and get it right the first time on this?

Well wishing you Good luck and a speedy decision in your favor!

USMC 79-85

100% P&T

SMC R1

70% loss of use of right arm due to multiple sclerosis

100% suprapubic cystostomy due to multiple sclerosis

100% loss of use of both lower extremities due to multiple sclerosis

30% left upper extremity weakness

30% insomnia with hypersomnolence

10% neurogenic bowel