Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Are My Chances For Iu

Rate this question

RTO69

Question

hello, I am a Viet Nam Vet. I am 70% PTSD, 20% Diabetes, that makes me 80%. I have applied for IU. I had CDL,drove schoolbus 30hrs a week last 7 years. On Zoloff,blood preasure, metformin. School Dist filled out VA form,,said cant drive bus because of meds.. Have retired from Dist, get 200.00 a month from them. Almost 66 years old, I have had trouble working places,my whole life. I don't want to have to tell employers,about my PTSD. I was diagnosed with PTSD in 1983,didn't file claim of fear stigmatized. I filed last June and got it in Dec. What are my chanced for IU? Thank You, Ted.

Absolutely file the TDIU claim. We have info in our TDIU forum here.

I have PR's question too

I was a Vet Center volunteer in 1983. Most of the Vietnam vets in our Combat group had a PTSD rating but some had not applied yet. (fearing it would hurt their employment chances)

Is it at all possible you did apply for PTSD long ago.

They called it a "nervous condition" when they diagnosed my husband with PTSD in 1983.I still have the award letter.Sometimes VA called it anxiety disorder or a nervous condition and not PTSD.And probably many vets applied for comp using those terms because VA didnt come up with PTSD nomenclature much in those days..

Geez,,, "nervous condition."..... that doesn't come close to the lifetime affects of full blown , one year in Hell (Vietnam)

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Absolutely file the TDIU claim. We have info in our TDIU forum here.

I have PR's question too

I was a Vet Center volunteer in 1983. Most of the Vietnam vets in our Combat group had a PTSD rating but some had not applied yet. (fearing it would hurt their employment chances)

Is it at all possible you did apply for PTSD long ago.

They called it a "nervous condition" when they diagnosed my husband with PTSD in 1983.I still have the award letter.Sometimes VA called it anxiety disorder or a nervous condition and not PTSD.And probably many vets applied for comp using those terms because VA didnt come up with PTSD nomenclature much in those days..

Geez,,, "nervous condition."..... that doesn't come close to the lifetime affects of full blown , one year in Hell (Vietnam)

I do have paperwork on VA letterhead that's states PTSD. The Vet Center sent me to counseling for a limited number of sessions. They had a contract with the VA.

Edited by RTO69

Ted,

Don't worry about lost money, sorry to read about your troubles. I myself was med discharged in 98 at 20% and told by many people to file for a upgrade over the years. If I added up the money I lost it would be quite abit. We are all wired different, and any disabilities suffered from service are bad mental or physical and really who of us wants any of these problems.

One thing I will say is what I learned, nothing is a give-me regardless of evidence. So prepare yourself for the long haul and do not give up. Thats not to say people don't get ratings fast and postive.

I had first hand accounts of all my injuries each were well documented during duty, I was told when I signed my discharge papers in 98 that I should have been 80% and should fight the rating I got. Like I said we are all wired different. I bring this up because some can dwell on all the lost money or opportunities, don't; It is what it is.

I hope and pray yours resolves quickly and you get a positive adjudication. If not do not give up.

Very well said,Thank you,

Question for everyone:

Its about my claim for TDIU with VA. I have a claim for TDIU with VA and it's pending/Gathering of ev..etc... I am currently 70% combined- 50% is headache.

-I am currently in VOC Rehab 3rd year of college with failing grades.

-I was recently denied by SSA for SSDI on the basis of i can answer phone calls as my prev 2001 job so states(past)

-MY VA doctor is treating me for Migraines and other illness, i am referred/treated by a Neuro for Memory/concentration issues along with my OSA and Migraines.

-I have a VA Social worker that understands my ability has changed over the years and is writing a letter to VA/and VA VOC rehab Counselor about his opinion that i am permanently unemployable( he is writing in some way i am permanent unemployable)

-The VOC rehab says she is onboard and waits for this letter and will follow suit with a letter in support and discharge of program as well.

- I am going back to my private DR. and going to have this conversation with him and revisit the with form for SSDI and instead of him receiving papers from SSA, i will have a sit down with him and have him fill out a form about my unemployable conditions.

Any suggestion and or comments would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Val