Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Usmc/camp Lejeune

Rate this question

marinevet61

Question

Federal agency to present results of Camp Lejeune Historic Drinking Water Health Studies at public

Meetings in Greensboro, NC on May 12-13, 2015. Public Meeting May 12, 2015 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM.

For those unable to attend in person,a live stream of the meetings will be available at

[url="http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/sites/Lejeune/capmeetings.html

I had camp Lejeune claim that was denied,sent in a NOD with help of VSO and the RO got

Everything all mixed up. The RO sent a letter saying I now had to fill out the correct form

To file for benefits. I have not sent in a new claim, only the NOD.

Still have not heard anything from email I sent to RO about c&p exam that used term tremor

The correct term is Tumor.

Edited by marinevet61

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Im hoping you get the justice you deserve from the Camp Lejeune situation.

There seems to be confusion if you can claim compensation.

Some people say you are only entitled to medical treatment.

However I've seen some attorney advertisement saying A 2012 DIRECTIVE now allows veterans and family members (of deceased Camp Lejeune Marines) to file for compensation.

Stay strong and "NEVER GIVE UP"

Might be time to rethink your choice of VSO Representation. All VSO Reps mean well, but they are not all the same when it comes to being well seasoned, super knowledgeable, experienced and possess a demonstrated continuity of follow up. I think quite often once the Vet walks out the door, that's the last his file receives any attention or follow up. Could be wrong, just going by my own personal experience. Just remember, you gave the VSO, not just the rep, your POA.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Good advice Gastone,I am not the most educated person, but I can feel that there is

an urgency in the air when I am in VSO office as if I am being hurried along and I forget to

ask ALL my questions. I still don't understand why I received a letter from RO stating that in

Order to file a claim I needed to fill out the correct form. I have not filed a new claim. My

VSO faxed in a NOD to the regional office on April 13 2015. On April 18 I recieved this letter

About filing correct form. Maybe I need to email ms Hickey? I did call my VSO about the letter

And he said to give the RO time to get it all together. I don't know how they could mix up a NOD

Statement.I only have 60 days to get this done. Denial letter was dated March 30th 2015.

You can file for compensation but the diseases identified by the VA as possibly associated with the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune have not been classified as presumptive diseases by the VA. As a result, veterans still have to provide evidence showing a nexus between their diseases and the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune in order to receive compensation. At the current time, veterans or family members who are diagnosed with any of the diseases and were on Camp Lejeune for 30 days it more between 1957 and 1987 are eligible for free medical treatment of the diseases by the VA.

More info on this subject can be found on the VA website.

GP