Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mental Health C&p ?

Rate this question

MentalHealth

Question

I had my C&P today and it was very odd in my opinion. The first thing they did was make me fill out a 380? Questionerre. Then i had a quick set down and I was rushed out of the office I asked the doctor if he wanted to see my leave balance considering I have used over 300 hrs since the first of the year on my dissability at the order of VA physchologist, he simply replyed "no I believe you" then wisked me out. I don't have a good feeling about it. I have never felt so rushed during a c&p. Luck would have it that a fellow coworker was there and I called him after my exam and he felt the same way. He was there for a 5 year revaluation. I had to do a questionerre when I had a revaluation years ago however he and I were treated the same and I was there for and increase. Has anyone ever had to fill out a 380? for an increase c&p for mental health?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

MentalHealth,

While it is still fresh on your mind and your coworker's mind, both of you should prepare written notes of the event just in case there comes a need for a statement from your coworker and yourself in the future to address the shortcomings of your C & P exam. JMO

Good luck and thank you for your service.

GP

I talked to my coworker and he said the test was mmi2 something Minnesota. He was there for a PTSD reevaluation and I was there for a MDD increase and we were both given this test and also evaluated the exact same way. I found this to be strange. I still haven't got the report, however, I feel like something wasn't right.

• Founder

Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI)

What Does the MMPI-2 Test?

The MMPI-2 is designed with 10 clinical scales which assess 10 major categories of abnormal human behavior, and four validity scales, which assess the person’s general test-taking attitude and whether they answered the items on the test in a truthful and accurate manner.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

I took one as well and doctor tried to rush me out of the office. I said NO, I had information to give him and talk about. Eventually I got the report and it was favorable. Think those tests weed out people trying to get a mental disorder or for increase of disability of mental disability. It took me forever to take that test!!!!

I went for my PTSD/MST & Eating Disorder C/P and was there for over 1-1/2 hours. I did not have this test you took so not sure what it is....

A Mental C/P exam is not mean't to be a doctor visit but rather a legal evaluation...This was explained to me by the C/P examiner when I sat down with her. She specifically told me that she was there to ask me questions pertaining to my claim for PTSD/MST & my ED claims....I was S/C within 3 weeks of my C/P exam.

Did you read the link TBird provided? Sounds like they gave you a test to see if you are possible "malingering"...Not saying you are but that is what the test seems to be looking for.

Steph

US Navy Desert Storm Veteran
Proudly served my Country!!! :biggrin: