Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thank You.

Rate this question

TreeRoot

Question

I got a 100% rating today.

2 weeks ago I asked for help here and got a lot of advice.

I'm numb, it's very bizarre, I should be happy, but it's just like any other day.

One of the posters was correct when they said fast forward to winning, what next...

I still don't know.

My question is my disability is metal health related.

There is wording in my award letter that says, "No examination will be scheduled in the future for your permanent and total disability/disabilities"

"Basic eligibility to Dependents' Education Assistance is granted as the evidence shows the veteran currently has a total service-connected disability, permanent in nature".

Does this mean they will not lower my rating at any time?

I've read others having to get reviews?

What should I be looking for in this letter and what does it mean?

I'm scared to accept this all as truth.

But thank many of you so much. My greatest hope is I can become the Uncle I truly want to be.

VA would have to have significant evidence of substantial improvement to try to change this rating.

They pulled some crap on a local vet I got 100% P & T for by scheduling him for a C & P after they said they would not have him take any future exams.

I had his permission to talk to the Pt Advocate and I raised a ruckus and he got a letter saying there would definitely be no future exams.

Cripes he has AO cancer 100 %(under 1151 they almost killed him,) and a 40% GSW, and PTSD,I think at 50 % and he went ballistic when he got the first letter and his wife couldn't handle him,so luckily he gave the PT advocate permission to talk to me for him.Maybe I contacted the RO as well ,forget....I am not even sure what the PT advocate did because this was a RO letter but in any event, we raised enough cane to squash the C & P..

I know the VA can pull this future exam crap regardless of a P & T status but you can fight that if they do, and keep the rating as it is.

We all get VAOLA Paranoia sometimes......even after I won my DMII AO death claim, I still kept gathering evidence for a while,.,,,the award was hard to believe, after the many screw ups at the RO level to get to that point.

RELAX AND ENJOY!!!!!!. This is truly Great News!

Edited by Berta

• Founder

You are considered permanently disabled and no future exams are scheduled, they do not expect your condition to drop below the 100% level. You are indeed entitled to the Dependants Education assistance as well as many other benefits.

I was in shock for awhile when i got mine. Remember to breath.