VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Major Depressive Disorder Claim, Thinking Of Filing Ssd

Rate this question

Singularity

Question

I would be interested in anything anyone might share that could help.

I have a FDC filed 10 months ago. Since active duty, my condition has gotten worse and worse over the years. I now can't hold a job and have been unemployed 35% of the time since release from active duty. I always get fired because of my disability & none will hire me because of my record of being fired (because of my disability) so many times. Last time I was unemployed for over 18 months straight and right now am unemployed for going on 6 months. I may never be able to get a job again. I am unemployable and submitted evidence to show this.

As of today, 'Eben' says 'final review complete, still collecting evidence and that they cannot determine a date it will be done'. I filed a hardship/expeditie request 4 months ago, but still stalled out and no info from anyone.

I have a nexus letter saying my conditions are related to incidents during my active duty. I can't figure what the delay with my claim could be. There is just no reason why my FDC should be stalled like it appears to be. FDC's should be solved in a max of about 6 mo, right?

I am thinking of filing for SSD using the nexus letter from my doctor & my evidence. Thanks to all reading

Edited by Singularity

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Sorry to hear of your troubles bud, and you should definitely file for SSDI if you feel your conditions keep you from working. Good luck and God Bless!!!

I am no SSD expert but I have been dealing with Major Depressive Disorder with anxious distress for many years now and it no fun at all. Hang in there and never give up the fight stay positive and the more seasoned vets should be chiming in soon.

Thank you all. It's encouraging to know others have been there and I can come here and get some advice or even a small boost. I was going to go VA first because I heard SSA would expedite things once I had a proven VA claim (which I know I have if they would just be honest and do their job with a little consideration and timeliness)..... I didn't count on the VA screwing me over this way for this long..not with a FDC- didn't even see that coming. My case should have been open and shut. ...nothing I can do I guess...........thanks VA, thanks a lot