Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue Clear And Unmistakable Error Ptsd

Rate this question

DustyAO105

Question

I have a verified PTSD stressor in 2002 ,2004 and 2005 first PTSD C&P exam No Dx second PTSD C&P Exam I was DX with Dysthymic personality disorder with mixed features non service connected. In letter to RO from a VA staff Psychiatrist gave me a service connected Dx for PTSD and even though he past away after Before giving me the DMS IV exam and over 40 yrs. as a VA Psychiatrist it didn't hold any weight with the VARO.A private LCSW gave me a DX of PTSD But it was ignored because the stressors were not mentioned even though the exam was done because of the stressors. Its on record that VARO negatively influenced the out come of the exam because the VARO thought I was lying . Now being 100% for PTSD I filed a NOD for a EED for PTSD to the year of my stressor verification and now it sit and sit and sit with a DRO I thought that was the best way to go first. HELP BERTA !

First of all Thanks for all the feed back. first I was 60% Totally Perm. Disabled Due to un-employability with no scheduled physicals. So by e-mail Pres. Barrack Obama contacted me for Veterans Day so not thinking it was him I went along with what I thought was a bogus e-mail . I was asked how was I doing and I went on about the VA and how I was tired fighting for my PTSD Claim after being treated for PTSD since 1989 BY the VA and I said that if the VA would focus on getting claims right the first time the backlog wouldn't be as bad. And I thank for not forgetting Vietnam Veterans. About 4 months later I get an e-mail from the White House Dept. Veterans Affairs and it had the White House Emblem on it and I was shocked .This is Official response in reference to your e-mail , If you have any new evidence to file again basically and when I filed I was granted 100% PTSD without knowing , when I found out 7 months later so I had to file for retro and SMC and the local VA to me if I had a problem I should deal with them on the local level. More to come !

Huh????? All of a sudden I don't get any of this.

Did you get the retro?

Do you get a 100% Comp check deposit every month? For SC PTSD?

I am more interested in seeing the 100% PTSD award letter now ,then the past denials.

Can you scan and attach it here? (cover C file number, name, address prior to scanning it.)

Edited by Berta

On April 15 2015 you asked here "What does this mean"

:
"You have initiated an appeal, but at this point your case is still with the local VA office that made the decision on your case. If you have questions about your appeal, please contact that office or your representative, if you have one."

Apparently that was for the EED of the PTSD.

The only way I feel you can recover a better EED at this point is to study all of the CUE info here in our CUE forum and file a CUE on the past denial.

It is almost impossible for us to really opine on anything like this here without reading actual decisions.

I am not even sure when they first officially denied you for PTSD.

And I am stuck on how they did award you , but you didnt know it for 7 months?????

Berta sorry they gave 100% for PTSD after a C&P in OCT 2014 But effective Jan 2014 and after I got That retro and SMC retro I filed a NOD for EED for PTSD for 2003 the year (CURR) Center for Records Research verified my stressor I get a Monthly comp for 100% PTSD and 60% SMC. Berta I was 60% PTDIU receiving 100% comp. when I was awarded 100% for PTSD they stopped the IU and now I'm at a single rating 100% rate for PTSD and 60% for unsuccessful surgery on my lower intestines. I will get the paperwork to you so you can advice me . sorry for not being as clear.

"I filed a NOD for EED for PTSD for 2003 the year (CURR) Center for Records Research verified my stressor "

Ok I am getting it but I still think this might be a CUE and the NOD might get you nowhere.

I hope you can attach here soon the original PTSD denial as to their Reason and Bases (and the Evidence list)

Others will try to help too when you attach it all here.

The attachment directions are in the reply option button.