Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue Clear And Unmistakable Error Ptsd

Rate this question

DustyAO105

Question

I have a verified PTSD stressor in 2002 ,2004 and 2005 first PTSD C&P exam No Dx second PTSD C&P Exam I was DX with Dysthymic personality disorder with mixed features non service connected. In letter to RO from a VA staff Psychiatrist gave me a service connected Dx for PTSD and even though he past away after Before giving me the DMS IV exam and over 40 yrs. as a VA Psychiatrist it didn't hold any weight with the VARO.A private LCSW gave me a DX of PTSD But it was ignored because the stressors were not mentioned even though the exam was done because of the stressors. Its on record that VARO negatively influenced the out come of the exam because the VARO thought I was lying . Now being 100% for PTSD I filed a NOD for a EED for PTSD to the year of my stressor verification and now it sit and sit and sit with a DRO I thought that was the best way to go first. HELP BERTA !

Personally I would file the CUE,even though the DRO review is set.

You might want to see if you should file under 38 CFR 3.156 as well.........

I am wondering if the JSRRC provided 'newly discovered service records' but maybe the VARO didnt even ask them to verify the stressor and acted like they did, when they initially denied.

Would VA say something that isn't true and factual?

Sure they would.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms Berta BOD Rule benefit of doubt. Always is in the veterans favor?

what is Relative Equipoise?

is this basically mean when they don't consider the medical evidence that is critical to the veteran claim?

And that they(VA) takes a Dr word over another? Even when both Dr are just as Qualified just the same with there back ground as of specialty's and credentials.

Interesting!

....................Buck

VA never asked for anything I initiated the stressor research, 1st, US Naval Personnel Records , CURR , Government internet websites. I asked the rep. at CURR did I need to send a copy of the report to the VA and I was told that they CURR had to send it to the VARO. The VARO thought I was lying, my very first PTSD Exam I was not given any dx of any kind But the VARO still used it . In the nutshell If the VARO would not have influenced the C&P examinations I would have got a dx for PTSD the first time .thanks again.