Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C P Results For Sleep Apnea And Migraines

Rate this question

josef7070

Question

Well, first let me say how sorry I am to know that you are suffering from Migraine Headaches.

My wife suffers from them everyday, and believe me when her headaches come, her day is pretty messed up for at-least several hours.

As for the Sleep Apnea, I suffer from them also. I was diagnose with sleep Apnea while on Active Duty, which I see you were too.

As for the rating, it's an automatic 50% disability rating from the VA, of course you will have to use a CPAP for the rest of your life which will help you sleep better at nights.

Problem is, it sucks trying to get used to the machine, but with time, and determination you should over come the anxiety that comes while getting used to it.

I wish you well, and I hope your claim is decided in your favor in a timely matter. Good Luck, and God Bless.

Aggie

Your C&P examiner stated that your sleep apnea is not related to service, therefor, you will not be rated for sleep apnea. Looks like she is a nurse practitioner. In order to get rated for sleep apnea you need to get a IMO which will refute her assessment and tie your sleep apnea to your service connected condition. Also, you should be wearing your CPAP mask every night or it is not going to do that much good. I went through 5 masks before I found one that I could stay with. You can go through as many masks as needed in order to find one that is comfortable.

If I read these correct it looks like both these claims will be denied unless you get a IMO that your sleep apnea and headaches are related to you military service.

True, it might be that I receive migraines SC and not Sleep Apnea, but I will keep posting the decision. I am biting nails, the VA rep called me after posting all of this and told me that I received unemployability and a favorable

rating. I am on the preparing for notification stage, how much longer... thank you all

josef7070