Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diagnosed With Ptsd And Sleep Apnea By Va 3 Months After Discharge

Rate this question

bruinboy

Question

One of the many myths about Sleep Apnea is that you need to be obese to have the condition. This is HORSE-S**T .... that's industry jargon.

There are 3 different types of Sleep Apnea, and over 39 conditions that cause or are caused by Sleep Apnea.

If your Primary won't refer you for a sleep study, go get one on your own.

I have spent years researching the Sleep Apnea problem in the Veteran's population, and have written a book explaining to Veterans how to prove their Sleep Apnea Claims.

Here are some posts to start you off:

Sleep Apnea Archives on the Veterans Law Blog.

Good luck....click here to visit the Veterans Law Blog on Facebook - and ask me any questions you have. I am happy to teach Veterans anything I know about Service Connecting Sleep Apnea.

It is causing HUGE problems in the Veterans Community, especially as Veterans age and don't get treatment.

If you're with in the year hurry up and file to get your general medical exam. You should be able to get the sleep apnea because it was within 1 yr and having the complaints in service helps too. PTSD file for it any combat medals? Campaign Specific Medals? File on the 526ez and don't forget the 0781 if you don't have the combat medals.