Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd & Federal Employment

Rate this question

FedHopeful

Question

Hello All,

I'm a service connected Marine (70% for PTSD & Tinnitus) and applied to a federal position back in Nov of 2013. I was hired under a special hiring authority for Veterans who are 30% or more Service Connected. I'm still in the process with this agency (DHS) and whenever I call to check on my status they continue to tell me that I am still pending a medical clearance. Its been over 18 months and I have seen those without disabilities get aboard the agency quicker than I have. I haven't been disqualified but I haven't moved on in the process either, is this discrimination? Also am I correct to assume that I cannot be disqualified for PTSD under ADA Title 1?

Thanks in advance

Thanks T Bird, I did a search of PTSD Discrimination and it brought me here. Just wanted to post something up to see if anyone had a similar experience or can point me in the right direction.

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe that some of our hadit members are Federal Employee's or Ex Employees.

Georgiapapa is a Retired Federal Marshal He would have some good information on this!

.....................Buck

I left DHS last October. Federal agencies are supposed to give priority to vets with disabilities but it doesn't mean that they do. You cannot be disqualified for PTSD. That's a long time to be waiting for medical clearance....did they give you any points of contact?