Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

For Vets Who Increase Above 50 Percent.

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

Please be aware that when a Vet gets increased to 50 percent , They are usually placed in priority group one. Once the 50 percent plateau has been reached the Vet can do the following:

Apply to the VA to have Pharmacy Co pays refunded to the Veteran back to the effective date.

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Even if you are 100% service connected the VA will bill your insurance for non service connected conditions and the meds for them. Every single time I go to the VA they ask for my medicare card and my BCBS. Now they have some new appointment scheduling method. You can tell that they are trying to squeeze every nickle out of vets who use the system.

Although I don't pay any co-pays, my Blue Cross is billed and pays for my meds for non-service-connected conditions (for awhile the VAMC was billing and getting paid for service-connected visits and meds, but hopefully I have stopped that)! Anyaway, I have total 170% service-connected ratings(using their math) and they still bill for my meds for non-service-connected conditions. Is this allowable under current VA regs?

If the meds were for Sc condition then you don't have to pay co-pay for those ,no matter what % you are. Also when u do your means test if may determine that you were not supposed to be paying co-pays. I have been refunded in the past for both of these scenerios.

• HadIt.com Elder

JesseJames

I don't think 100% vets should be billed under any circumstances. I resent them billing my private insurance. We are supposed to be the "true consituency" of the VA and yet we still get billed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Big Al

That shows the inconsistency of how different VAMC's operate. BCBS says the VA has the right to bill for NSC conditions even if you are 100%. They are paying the bills so I guess they know. I have no co-pay but I don't want them to pay the VA anything.