Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Vs Increas On 0%

Rate this question

USMC_VET

Question

I received a 0% for migraines. as has been reported in another thread i was pretty naive with VA claims until i discovered this forum and others regarding my reduction.

My last decision was 0% for migrains and then a denial of increase on ptsd and proposal for reduction.

My question is this...

I am putting together Doctors notes form private phsyicians as well as a consult with a neurologist on the headachs in combination with a headache diary, etc. because i believe i deserved a higher rating. I was told by a VA person, dont worry in six months file for an increase. However the Migraine was backdated 2 years at 0% , i dont want to reopen for an increase i want to appeal the 0%. Do i need to file an appeal on this specific claim to get it reconsidered for the higher rating w/backdate? or would it be better to go with the increase?

I also dont want to get this tangled up with the reduction proposal which was on the same decision.

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints

Here is IMO report with redacted info on the psychologist conducting and mysel

IMO Part 1 upload.pdf

IMO Part 2 upload.pdf

Edited by USMC_VET

70% - PTSD

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

that IMO should stop the reduction it could give you an increase

with a 48 gaf should be 100%

That's why I sought 70%. Like I said this reduction is my fault. Although I wish they would have reviewed all the evidence I sent already and not decided to play the waiting game of hearings and appeals

Updates:

For my PTSD:

I have now made an appointment and mean to start going to monthly (or twice monthly) private psychologist. This i hope will show the VA that i am seeking MH treatment, etc. I also hope that if 1) I am reduced then i can reopen for increase and this will show that i am seeking treatment, 2) I am reduced i can use this as additional evidence (on top of above imo, sworn affidavits, etc.) for an appeal. 3) If they choose not to reduce i can file a NOD for the initial increase.

For my headaches:

I have contacted via provider messaging that the aleve they prescribed isnt really helping, i am taking a page from the book of some vets that i have read. that write their provider every time they get headaches and/or have what they call 'Characteristic prostrating' or what we call 'having to lay down'. They have contacted me asking if i would want to get acupuncture, massages or biofeedback.

It may help so i think i should do it. If it doesnt work this will only bolster my claim that I am seeking treatment and its not working correct?

Edited by USMC_VET

70% - PTSD

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

C file request went out Thursday. Have doc notes regarding migraines from private doctor. Going to go get neurology consult and get some more evidence that way. I don't have enough to pay for a imo/ime but I'm hoping good history of private doctors notes and headache journal will help. I have prescription for gabapentin from private physician.

Hell ya! Go get em.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

That's why I sought 70%. Like I said this reduction is my fault. Although I wish they would have reviewed all the evidence I sent already and not decided to play the waiting game of hearings and appeals

Updates:

For my PTSD:

I have now made an appointment and mean to start going to monthly (or twice monthly) private psychologist. This i hope will show the VA that i am seeking MH treatment, etc. I also hope that if 1) I am reduced then i can reopen for increase and this will show that i am seeking treatment, 2) I am reduced i can use this as additional evidence (on top of above imo, sworn affidavits, etc.) for an appeal. 3) If they choose not to reduce i can file a NOD for the initial increase.

For my headaches:

I have contacted via provider messaging that the aleve they prescribed isnt really helping, i am taking a page from the book of some vets that i have read. that write their provider every time they get headaches and/or have what they call 'Characteristic prostrating' or what we call 'having to lay down'. They have contacted me asking if i would want to get acupuncture, massages or biofeedback.

It may help so i think i should do it. If it doesnt work this will only bolster my claim that I am seeking treatment and its not working correct?

Heh be open to the different approaches. A multi facet treatment plan can help a great deal. I kid you not. Just don't stop getting care. JMO

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

Heh be open to the different approaches. A multi facet treatment plan can help a great deal. I kid you not. Just don't stop getting care. JMO

I hope for improvement, if i can get back to 0 i dont care about service connection. I would be a better provider, father and husband if i was back to 0 and not the other way around.

70% - PTSD

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back