Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fee Base Treatment

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

Just to let you know of problems with fee base I been getting treatment

for back pain through outside acupuncturist .Fee base don't even know who works in the

department nor does the Director or where its located at. 3 months of treatment now VA says

their acupuncturist got to approve the treatment for the cupping and he disapprove so I had

no treatment for 3 weeks and tell me to go to any ER. This doctor has never seen me so how can

he determine whats helps me or what I need for treatment ? Now I guess VA controls outside providers

also. Just be aware on this bull sh**

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not thrilled with the Fee Base care I have gotten. These docs are concerned only with getting paid.

That sucks. I was getting hopeful. There's gotta be a better way than this.

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

• HadIt.com Elder

My Fee Basis Dentist called me and said that system has changed and since I am 24 miles from Dallas VA Dentist I am out in the cold. Dallas VA wants to pull all my teeth and give me dentures. I told them to xxxx off. I plan to appeal and ask for Administrative Hearing with a Shrink not just office chow hounds. I might loose but it will be with a good fight.

My overall experience with Fee Bais is mostly good once you get the kinks worked out. VA is slow pay and many Docs won't deal with them.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

pete53, I stay about 10 miles from VA but they only had one acupuncturist at VA

and no appointments with him for a year so that's how I got fee base also I get dental

from fee base which has been good. But for a doctor who has never seen me before

to denie what the treating doctor has recommend as treatment because he don't like it.

I will take this to the higher ups like already. I think its about time to use Medicare and just pay

the co pay than to put up with VA bull sh**. I be so bad when I have appointments anymore

and I really don't what to go to jail for this crap so it may be best for me just to use out side providers.

Maybe they will call soon I email Bob and Hickey on this because the director office told me the person names

that I have for fee base don't exist so not only in pain but crazy too. How in the heck the director don't know who

works for her.

I am Fee Basis for my Eating Disorder with a therapist in Dallas and I am thrilled to have her! I am glad I able to go to her and so far so good. I was approved for another 15 sessions.

US Navy Desert Storm Veteran
Proudly served my Country!!! :biggrin:

I am Fee Basis for my Eating Disorder with a therapist in Dallas and I am thrilled to have her! I am glad I able to go to her and so far so good. I was approved for another 15 sessions.

Heh thats grand. Get the treatment you need and deserve. I just wish it would a positive experience for all. If there was a few things I learned in the service it is uniformity. The VA needs reminded of that. Shouldn't be hit and miss.

Curious, if you don't mind me asking, what process did you use to get your treatment going? Was it just a referral from the VA PCP or did MHC get it pushed?

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r: