VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Records Needed From Ft. Belvoir & Bethesda Naval Hospital

Rate this topic

I am trying to figure out how to get missing medical records for my injuries I sustained while on AD. There seems to be missing records from my SMR for January 1996-February 1996. I need to obtain records from Ft. Belvoir and Bethesda Naval Hospital. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank You

Steph

US Navy Desert Storm Veteran
Proudly served my Country!!! :biggrin:

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Have you requested a copy or requested an appointment to view your claims file at the VAMC? In some cases, they may be in there. I know I found more of my records in the claims file, but also found a different set of records where the Army stores theirs at the personnel records center in St.Louis, but I don't know where the Navy would store theirs.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Have you requested a copy or requested an appointment to view your claims file at the VAMC? In some cases, they may be in there. I know I found more of my records in the claims file, but also found a different set of records where the Army stores theirs at the personnel records center in St.Louis, but I don't know where the Navy would store theirs.

Yes and they are missing - I need them to help secure my appeal for my right foot/ankle

US Navy Desert Storm Veteran
Proudly served my Country!!! :biggrin:

Navy4Life, this link will give you the information for contacting FBCH (Fort Belvoir Community Hospital), which is the new hospital located on Fort Belvoir. My records were kept there as well. I would start with contacting them. http://www.fbch.capmed.mil/Patients/administration.aspx

In case the link isn't working their contact information is:

Medical Records:
(571) 231-3774
Option 1 for Outpatient Records
Option 2 for Release of Information
Medical Records Fax:
(571) 231-3692

Bethesda's info is:

http://www.wrnmmc.capmed.mil/PatientVisitors/SitePages/PatientSupport/MedicalRecords.aspx

Correspondence/Release of Information
Main: (301) 400-3075
Fax: (301) 400-1910

Outpatient medical records
Main: (301) 295-5150
Fax: (301) 295-6002

Active Duty Military Health Records
Main: (301) 295-0644
Fax: (301) 295-1681

Inpatient Record Administration
Main: (301) 295-5709

Hours of Operation
Monday thru Friday
0700 - 1700

Hopefully this can help to get you started with tracking down your missing records. Also, Fort Belvoir should be able to pull up any information from Bethesda. I hope to hear positive results from you soon!

V/r

Detel