Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scheduled For Future Reduction?

Rate this question

Andyman73

Question

Was just checking my ebennies to see if and or what is new different exciting or same-same. Saw on my benefits summary letter this interesting statement; You are considered not permanantly disabled due to my SCDs because I am scheduled for review on April 1st, 2020. Also said; You are considered not permanantly disabled due to my SCDs because I am scheduled for future reduction in ratings on April 1st, 2020. Are they yanking my chain, or what?

• HadIt.com Elder

OIC...Okay good luck to you.

............Buck

Andy,

As long as your medical records show you continue to have regular appointments for your service connected conditions and no significant sustained improvement is shown, you should not have a problem with any reductions in your ratings in the future. I would suggest not going for long periods of time in between your appointments for your service connected conditions.

As you are probably already aware, every time you file a claim for new medical conditions; this opens up all of your current service connected medical conditions for re-evaluation even if you are not scheduled for a re-evaluation at the time. Just be prepared when you go for any new C & P exams.

If you use private health care providers for your service connected conditions, obtain copies of the medical reports and have your VA PCP scan them into your VA medical records. I use private healthcare providers for all of my medical treatment, including my service connected conditions, and I provde my VA PCP with copies of my medical reports when I go for my annual VA physical exam and my PCP scans the records into my VA medical records.

Good luck and take care of yourself.

Semper Fi.

GP

Are all VA PCPs willing to scan private medical records into VA medical records like that? I haven't had my first VA appointment yet, but it would be nice to know that I can see my private doc if the VA takes forever to schedule something.

It is not unusual for veterans to use both the VA healthcare system and private healthcare providers. I have had three different VA PCPs and they never hesitated to scan my private healthcare records into the VA system. In fact, when I tell them about having a private medical procedure, they usually ask if I have copies of the records with me for them to scan. If I didn't have copies of private medical records with me, they asked me to sign a medical release form so they could contact the private medical provider and ask them to fax the records over to my VA PCP. I prefer to get copies of the private medical records myself so I can review them before I give them to my VA PCP to be scanned.

GP

I agree with GP

Before I was S/C I had seen several doctor's on the outside and I was asked by my Podiatrist to have all my outside medical records scanned in. I took them down to the basement at the VA Dallas Hospital to medical records and had them scanned. It is a good idea to do this in case of situations where you might have an issue with an existing S/C contention possibly being evaluated for a reduction and it would help the VA doctor know what you have been treated for.