Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mechanical Defect In My Vehicle

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

My claim pending NOD I feel will be a long case. But if their is a recall out for the car I was in, and the recall is all over the news even to this day. I received compensation from the car manufacturer for this defect. With all the evidence I have which I didn't have at the time of my initial claim with the cover up for this defect for 10 years would it take so long to admit it may not have been my fault? Seems like they are dragging their feet even though my service department said it was not my fault about 10 years ago as well. Is their anything else I will need to show them?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have gotten one but the GM is over with as it occurred 2 years before they filed their bankruptcy and its shields them. Right now their are currently 114 deaths determined the fault of the ignition switch 13 people are left Quadriplegia or Paraplegia and 216 which are lesser injuries resulting up tom 31 days in a hospital, its posted on their GM ignition switch site. I was one of those numbers in the 216 column so they have already told me it was my car which caused my airbag to fail and a few other things. My accident took place while I was on active duty and was determined by my service department to be in the line of duty not due to willful misconduct. Which then took about 2 years of getting better before deploying me overseas. Anyone I served with tell you I had major residual memory problems and should have not gone over but I did got through it moved on got out the military honorably discharged. My name and accident is all over the internet resulting from the ignition switch. Why with all of these resources pointing the mechanical defect in the car does it takes so long with the VA? My attorney elected the DRO review to make it go a little quicker but has been pending my NOD now since Dec 22,2014. Does anyone no what claims that are EP170 mean as far as VACOLS goes?