VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disabilities Iu ?

Rate this question

triman8654

Question

I'm filing a claim for IU on e-bennies along with a new issue, incontinance,I'm filing also. If VA will look at all my disabilities for increase, why do I have to check the one or ones I think make me unemployable.

I think they all combined contribute.. Just seems like a trick question..

Thanks

60% right knee

40% right foot drop/atrophy

30% MDD

30% Asthma

10% IBS

10% Scars

0% hearing loss

0% Hemrhoids w Fissures

Loss of use right foot

SMC ed

Auto adaptive equip

Yes it is a trick question. Once you file a claim for IU and you mark all your service connected conditions that you think causes you to be unemployable. VA will then request you to have a C & P exam for each condition and depending on the outcome of these exams your rating percentages may increase or decrease. So you may get TDIU but VA is playing a game that could decrease your overall rating percentage.

Sorry not to be paranoid but trust no one especially VA.

Pete

That makes sense..now I know why I had a round of "unneeded" c and p exams....they were trying to find a way to reduce.

Fortunately, I am a hadit member, and I know to watch VA like a hawk...they are usually up to something no good like delay, deny or reduce.

Edited by broncovet

It has been a while since I have seen the VA form for unemployability but I think it's either block seven or eight where you have to list at least one service connected condition. Years ago I noticed VA denied a veterans' claim for TDIU because he did not list all of his service connected conditions. So if you list nothing it will not help it would be an easy denial for the rater.

Sorry to hear of your issues bud, and have to agree with Pete992 on this one bud. Most days I would rather have IU, then this Damn 100% Temporary, just tired of them controlling us. Good Luck and God Bless, keep us posted