VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help Please!

Rate this question

ermie8

Question

I just received a decision that I have been denied benifits because I missed the C&P exam that I did not know I was scheduled for. I last checked my appointments calander May 31, 2015 and there was no appointment listed. I looked today after I received the denial and it is listed for June 9, 2015! I had no idea about this appointment, now what do I do? Any help is appriciated, as I have been waiting well over a year to get this appointment and exam. Thank you in advance, Jeremy.

Edited by ermie8

Well, to update what all has happened since this travesty that began in June. I had decided that I would contact my Senators, which happen to be Senator Mccaskill and Senator Blunt, who have been working together on asking the hard questions of Secretary McDonald. I was contacted by Senator Blunts office by phone a couple of times. Senator McCaskill office has never reached out to me, but it may be because they working together on veteran issues.

I was able to voice my concerns that veterans are not being notified of C&P exams and that this causes veterans to lose benifits owed them as in back pay to the original date of claim submission. I hope something can be done, and only time will tell.

So, yesterday I haad that C&P exam. I was there for two hours. I first took six multi choice questionairres on a computer then sat down with a Dr. The doctor that I was scheduled to see had called in sick....but I was lucky enough to be seen by another. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

Now to just wait and see. Jeremy

Well since my C&P my ebenifits has been sitting on "Prep for Decision".... It has only been a month. The dates showing the estimation date to be completed is August 20 to September 20, 2015, so the hopefully the decision will come through soon.

Have not heard anymore from Senators since this all began. My Dr. has just started me on two more meds for my issues and I hope they help.