Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Retro Decision From Varo.

Rate this question

RSG

Question

I have a question.. I received a decision letter from the VARO Saturday about the retro I am owed.. Somehow the VARO did not even give me a yearly breakdown of how they paid retro per year. All the other letters I have received showed a yearly breakdown on the funds. This one did not.. They granted a 10% disability and a very small retro payment was shown...There seems to be something wrong with their calculations...I can not find any info on this stuff.. Can I get any direction as to figure out how to fight this AGAIN? RSG

Hey Pete992, I have the evidence, it has just been disregarded, in B&W from day one.. Showing everything including dates of hospitalization medications the works...And they have had it since the day I filed for my claim within 30 days of my discharge....RSG

Edited by RSG

Go to Page 36 on the attached, that should give you the VA comp disability table effective January 1, 1969. At least, the way I read it. Will try to keep digging for the rest.

http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v32n4/v32n4p34.pdf

Hey Pete992, I have the evidence, it has just been disregarded, in B&W from day one.. Showing everything including dates of hospitalization medications the works...And they have had it since the day I filed for my claim within 30 days of my discharge

JMHO, if you have evidence of hospitalization and medications, I would think that VA should have granted you a higher rating. As I said it is up to you if you continue the fight but I just hate being cheated especially when I personally lost so much. VA employees get paid a lot more than veterans, actually everybody gets paid more than veterans. We gave so much, we give so much yet we get so little.

In the words of Rodney Dangerfield we get no respect, no respect at all. Even when the evidence is there veterans still have to prove themselves.

• HadIt.com Elder

I never understood the EED on weather or not they rate it from the date of the award or from the date it was S.C.?

Some RO's don't follow the rules or the regs or read correctly...some go by the date veteran first filed for increase and some go by when the disability first arose.

This is why we all need to do research and educate our self with the CFR's & VA Law.

...................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

JMHO, if you have evidence of hospitalization and medications, I would think that VA should have granted you a higher rating. As I said it is up to you if you continue the fight but I just hate being cheated especially when I personally lost so much. VA employees get paid a lot more than veterans, actually everybody gets paid more than veterans. We gave so much, we give so much yet we get so little.

In the words of Rodney Dangerfield we get no respect, no respect at all. Even when the evidence is there veterans still have to prove themselves.

This sounds like very good advice to me. They have screwed you for a long time, don't let them get one last freebie out of you. The scary part of this scenario is how large of a chunk of money the lawyer will make if paid by percentage, but I guess it is better for a lawyer with a reputation of helping vets to get it then for Uncle Sam to use it for a new foyer in some posh clinic you'll never get to use. You may even be able to work out a "cap" on the lawyers fee (20% capped at $$$ max, or something like that).