Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Low Rating On My C N P Doctor Help

Rate this question

jusus27360

Question

I have my c n p exam next week an after I search for my doctors I found out that dr dyal ( salisbury nc va)has a really low rating (example would you recommend this doctor to family 1, out of 5, do you trust this doctors advice 1 out of five) the rest of the rating was below national average. Any advice about seeing this doctor? Now im really worried!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I have my c n p exam next week an after I search for my doctors I found out that dr dyal ( salisbury nc va)has a really low rating (example would you recommend this doctor to family 1, out of 5, do you trust this doctors advice 1 out of five) the rest of the rating was below national average. Any advice about seeing this doctor? Now im really worried!

I wouldnt worry too much you are not going to see him to seek treatment but to have him check very specific things on a sheet and write yes or no for the most part.

It says she is internal medicine so its not MH but a physical condition.

If you are on hadit already im sure you are 10x better off than i was when i first filed. Make sure that you have good evidence from private phsyicians if possible get sworn affidavits from yourself, friends, family, boss etc as to how this affects you adversely.

Dont worry about the exam, go in there tell them the answers to their questions, tell them how it feels on your worst day, not your best, your worst. This isnt lying its telling the truth to the actual question they are asking. They ask how you are today, pain level, all that but what they mean is whats it normally like. they dont ask you that, because they want you to say "im ok right now" which ends up reading on the sheet "veteran reports little to no pain associated with ____"

let this Doc do her thing and then see how it goes. If they are bad and adversarial, dont become angry with them or yell, calmly answer questions and if they are mean, inapropriate, etc file a complaint. if they are just terse and not listening to you then wait until the results come and the rating decision is made. if its bad then most likely its because the C&P exam were bad. within 3 days (by their set standard, more likely a week or so) you should be able to view the exam notes and dbq on your MyHealtheVet Blue button. If it doesnt read like how you explained to them etc. File a NOD and request a new exam (with a new examiner) and a hearing with the DRO.

But dont freak out, it will be fine. It will be how it is going to be, you cant change that, all you can do is be patient, wait, read the results and then figure out your next move.

Thanks for the response, just wasnt expecting to see a below rating lol. I will see her for several issues an I will see a dr detrick for my mental health exam. On my appt letter they have Detrick/Fee what does Fee Stand for another doctor?

• HadIt.com Elder

The way to counter a bad c&p exam is wait until you get a copy and hire a IME doctor of your own. You should not trust the VA to give you the correct rating using just their hired guns. The doctor you see at your exam does not determine you rating but they are very important. You need to see the copy of the exam after it is done. This is not always easy.

John

Thanks John

Appreciate you responding, John what does The detrick/fee mean? Thats from my appt letter. I know dr detrick is a doctor for mental health bbut there is nothing for a doc named fee, what does that mean?