Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Find Unit Records?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

How would a veteran go about finding his in-service records from Vietnam that showed what he did, for instance he did not do his MOS but was assign to another type job, how would he prove this?

And was still with this same unit, Would those records show what he did ? or keep him at his MOS Although that's not what he was assign to.

Would he contact St Louis NRSP and see what the records show/? were trying to find out how to prove what he did in Vietnam.

He has old record of in-country travel orders that had to be renewed every 60 days & Sign off by his CO

This was his new assignment Recovery of US Disable Vehicle's from the field/ mechanical failure or demolished from acts of war.

Thanks in Advance

....................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

How would I get medical/ Article 15 info when in basic?

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."

10% 1992

10% 1995

10% 2000

10% 2005

10% 2010

10% 2015

2015- found out that I have Post Concussion Syndrome(not SC), Stationed at contaminated installations

Still at that great 10% !!!!!!

It should be in your official records and can be requested and received in 30-60 minutes max thru ebenefits under manage documents on the top left for service records. IF they have uploaded them to digital copy. Hope this helps.

Ill give it a try..

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life."

10% 1992

10% 1995

10% 2000

10% 2005

10% 2010

10% 2015

2015- found out that I have Post Concussion Syndrome(not SC), Stationed at contaminated installations

I had an Article 15 and was put in correctional custody as an E-1, someone came at me in the barracks and wrapped him up, but he was sober and I had been drinking, so, alcohol related incident makes it automatically my fault. It handicapped my career for a long time even though it was an isolated incident of a classic self defense situation and they wanted to make an example so there wasn't brawling in the barracks. Mine was there, I hadn't seen it in 20 years, literally.

• HadIt.com Elder

chuck75

I know what you mean when I was over in Nam we never thought about taking pics at least me and my buddy's didn't, only one of my fellow unit veteran did have his camera with him all the time we made fun of him for it, but the pics I did get from Nam and some memorabilia old swords and Knifes and gross pics of dead VC. They made me leave it behind said it was contraband, I was upset about it but at the time I was going home after 19 months over there,I didn't seem to care to much for it, me and a buddy did get R&R to Bangkok Thailand , I had been there 11 months and he been there 6 months, it was sure worth it to get out there for awhile.

I was 18 years old at the time this was in the fall of 68 and all of 69 47 years ago my goodness I'm feeling old now/Well I am old I suppose...my little beautiful & only grand daughter thinks I 'm old.......LoL

This is off the topic, just remembering things

But now thinking back I wish I had took more pics and sent home in my letters but guess I never thought about at the time.

I remember buying us savings Bonds for 25.00 50.00 &75.00 Each month or so to send to my mom to put in the Bank and save for me I wanted a new Z 28 Camaro ...but unfortuley my little Brother was in a bad car accident and no insurance so my mom used the Bonds cashed them in to help with his medical care at the time...so when I got home I purchase a use 442 Oldsmobubble for 1600, bucks & I went to see my G/F at the time.

We had plans /supposed to get married after I got back from Nam....needless to say that never happen.

when I went to see her for the first time after I got home she open the screen door and I looked at her then looked down...unfortunate or fortunate for me she was 8 1/2 months pregnant.

Needless to say the marriage never happen, I found some one else and were still married after 44 years with 2 boys and 3 grandsons and one beautiful grand daughter, all except two are in college, still have one grand son in High School and my little beautiful grand daughter starts to kindergarten this year. she is the joy of our lives.

My oldest grand son is going to OCS, he join the Army after he completed 2 years of college at Texas Tech

he did so well on his Test in the Army his CO recommended him to OCS and that's where he is now he wants to be a combat Medic as an Officer.

Yeah were kinda proud of him.

.......................Buck

.......................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

This is the reply i got:

"Please do NOT reply to this email as this email address is not monitored.

Your request for Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) Information has been processed. However, unfortunately your record is not held in the Service's digital image OMPF repository database. It is recommended that you initiate a request for your OMPF information to the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) using this eVetRecs website at http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/

Thank you for making a request for your OMPF record documents through DPRIS! This request will be closed and purged.

If you have questions concerning this process, please visit https://www.dpris.dod.mil and submit an assistance form under the Help section."

I dont understand why my records are not there.

10% 1992

10% 1995

10% 2000

10% 2005

10% 2010

10% 2015