Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Please

Rate this question

kennjj

Question

Just got my decision letter back from VA everything was denied except for my Hypertensive heart disease with cardiac hypertrophy at 30%, that being said I continue to look at the report in Evidence Considered, they had put that my IMO had no Rationale and there were no link to my disabilities, looking at the full report I found treatment records from Salisbury Medical Center I have never been seen there, for the last 20 something years I have been going to Womack Army Medical Center in service and out (Tricare) no way in the Evidence Considered the mention of Womack Medical Center where the links and Rationale would have been seen. I am just in awe how can something like this happen.

"Anyway I'm good I also had a FTCC file for me on May the 15th I don't think he would have took my case if it wasn't a good one"

Do you mean a FTCA case? And if so , is it regarding your heart disease?

By "he" do you mean a lawyer? I am wondering if it is Bob W, Matt ,or Chris A.

Va has stated you had hypertension for a long time......perhaps the IMO doc noticed that VA did not try to find a cardiac cause for that ???

"The IMO Doc I used use the same format thats on this site matter of fact it's a Doc from here he mention everything dealing with my Heart, my Sleep Apnea and Tu and how it should go back to when I retired Cue)."

If you mean Dr. Craig Bash, I developed the initial IMO criteria here from the points he had made in the 2 IMOs I got from him.

I had a very unusual claim, still first of it's kind as far as I know.

My RO refused to even consider his IMos but the BVA sure did and awarded.

"One more thing I had a Buddy statement also no mention of it crazy."

This type of careless and incompetent VARO behavior has caused a great part of the backlog.

I am very interested in whether you meant FTCA case as I have posted considerable info in our FTCA/1151 forum on that.

Undiagnosed and untreated heart disease was a part of my FTCA case and I won (wrongful death)

Dr. Bash's IM0s were for undiagnosed and untreated DMII from AO in Vietnam. I won that too.

I checked with the AO NVLSP lawyers a few times and they had never heard of (nor can I find documentation of at BVA or CAVC) of any similar situation whereby not only did the VA kill the vet, the vet also died from malpractice on AO IHD and DMII which means refund of FTCA offset.

They only awarded 30% for the IHD,under Nehmer ,using what I had found in my husband's medical records.

Obviously it was worse than 30% because it was the prime cause of his death but I only appealed (via CUE) a different rating for his 1151 stroke (which they also caused)

Maybe you mean something else by FTCC ?????

And don't feel you need to reveal who is helping you...... (however I am biting at the bit if this is FTCA regarding heart disease and I know any good IMO doc like Craig Bash can spot VA negligence right away ,when he reviews the medical records.)

His right hand man John Dorle is superb at that as well.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

Hang in there kennjj,

Things will get better Buddy!

.....................Buck

Yeah I'm using Mr. Chris Attig, If he will take my case have to see when my c-file get back to him and I'm also using Doc. Bash so for now I wait to hear from the AL. VA and yes's it's the FTCA is for heart disease that they just connected at 30% sorry about the misspell I'm still new at this lol. There isn't anything I can do right now but wait and hope that they take a look at my records and find the links they need for my IMO if not as soon as my c-file get back we will go that route. Thank guys!!

I've met Chris personally. He's good. Very astute and quick to pick up on a fact that doesn't fit properly. He taught a few classes on Sleep apnea filing at the NOVA conference in SF this April. I don't do them (SA claims) but I always like to learn the tricks of the trade.

I choose Chris because I like the things he have said here I have a few Disabilities that carry a 50%, Sleep apnea and two 100% Hyperaldosteronism and Pulmonary Hypertention. I still don't know how they could have denied Hyperaldosteronism it took VA and Womack over 15 years to find out what was causing my Hypertension so I guess I'll need other IMO to connect this even those everything is right there. Thanks everyone!!

PROBLEM #1: Hypertension with Hypokalemia, with hyperaldosteronism but no
aldosteronoma, controlled
Subjective & Objective:
This 56-year old African American Army Veteran male had hypertension for "a
very
long time," and his blood pressure had been fluctuating and very difficult
to
control. He was on Metoprolol, Micardis, Adalat, & HCTZ when transferred
care
from Womack to Fayetteville VA Medical Center in 2006, and he was also found to
have low potassium level 3.2 L (3.5-5.1). Hence potassium chloride was added,
which kept his potassium level around 3.7. First Aldosterone level on 12/16/13