Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Dd-214?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone know if the last country you served in is the only country stated on your DD 214?

or should they be all country's you served in but not the USA.

Example,

A Veteran finished basic training and goes on to his AIT school for his MOS, and then he gets orders for Germany & Spends about a year there and then gets deployed to Vietnam......spends over a year there, veteran has about 6 months left of Active Duty and President Nixon signs a order for early out called ''phase down release program'' (area of time 1969 thru 1975 I believe for the troops in VietNam.....but other country's may qualify? not sure on that?

Veteran gets out with Honorable Discharge and on his DD-214 It only shows his time in service and only list his time spent in RVN.

Is both country's supposed to be on his DD-214? if so how would he get this corrected?

Thanks in Advance.

.................................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

That's ok TALON II FE,

You don't need to do that, I was wondering how to get this corrected if its wrong? if its wrong

It just has the regular information on it the only thing is it just has Indonesia yes RVN service yes. that's it no Germany or anything about Germany.??

As for as snakes put ya some eggs out, the snake swallows the egg and usually gets trapped going into hard tight crevices and starves to death,

I use a powder mix called Demon II you can get it at any farm & ranch store and I think Tractor Supplies has it its good stuff safe for pets and humans but it kills all insects roaches spiders 100's of different critters and I use it to spray the eves of the house and storage building to keep wasp from nesting there usually where you spray it leaves a toxin that insects /critters can't stand to smell safe and non staining. its good to put on bushes and vegetable garden if locust or bees try to eat.

I spray around the foundation of my house and all windows its really good stuff.

just be sure after you spray give it time to dry a little before ant kiddos go out to play its suppose to be safe for humans &pets.

......Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I thought I saw thread on attaching, but couldn't locate it. I had trouble blacking things out sufficiently for privacy, etc and when I finally did I couldn't find a way to upload it! Anyway, mine does not show locations other than "stationed where separated". It does not show my duty or contingency locations. I was stationed both in Germany and Japan on extended long tours during my service. On myhealthyvet it shows I received combat and hostile fire pay and when, and has locations on the desert ones, but not "other places", only that I received it and the months. I think it may have total overseas duty as well, but I haven't read thru all of that info there in a while.

• HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=27

Maybe this link will show you how to attach a post or link,pic..

if you have it in your computer already just clink in your library find it copy @ paste it then when you get here clink on the top left corner Icon that says BB Code Mode.

and past it

.........................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I usually spray very similar to you, and did this time too. I will look at spray you are using, what I have used is only so-so. I also bug bomb the garage since it is used mostly for storage right now. I didn't spray in the spring (I usually do it then and again in August) this year because of financial problems and it was a mistake. I will try the egg trick, I have a flock of chickens, so they are free. I see garter snakes, different types, here at least once a month on my property. Not many copperheads here, used to them in East Texas growing up, but this one surprised me and I am not used to them being aggressive like this one was. Usually they are only really dangerous because they camouflage so well and you are more at risk of stepping on them and getting bitten then one actually trying to "get you". In 3 years here, the only other poisonous snake I have seen was a huge rattler crossing the road at night about 3/4 of a mile from my house driving.

A quick story, if you're bored: About 10 years ago, we were at my mom's place in East Texas They are getting older and have health issues and things were getting neglected in . My wife was doing some yardwork and I was taking a 10 minute break and getting a drink and a dose of AC, before going back out to help again. My wife burst into the house, very agitated, and said there was a poisonous "spider" in the cala lilies. I got up, thinking she was over-reacting (she is from Europe and there really isn't anything poisonous for them to worry about where she grew up. I had briefed her on what to look out for here in this part of the country). I go out, it was in a shaded area on a bright afternoon and I'm walking around, leaning into these plants looking for a "spider". I was crouched down and all of a sudden I make out the shape of this copperhead coiled up looking right at my from maybe a foot away. I almost jumped out of my skin! It wasn't a very big one and I made short work of it with a shovel. My wife, in her excitement, had said "spider" instead of "snake" and almost got me bit, lol. Her English has always been better than a lot of natural born English speakers, honestly, she has a gift with languages speaking 5 fluently. I NEVER call a snake a snake when I talk to her to this day; they are spiders!

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the short copperhead snake is just as powerful with its venom as much as the bigger ones the venom is newer and more powerful, funny bout your wife calling it a spider, maybe next time have her to describe it to you.

About the DD-214.

I would think it needs to have all your overseas duty stations in it at least the country's.

What if something happen in Germany and the veteran needed to file a claim, how would he even prove he was there?

This is something most veterans need to know& when they get out of the service its best to look over all your military documents, especially the DD-214

...............Buck