Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suicide

Rate this question

lynnga

Question

If someone kills themselves while awaiting c&p exam so they can get compensated enough to get inpatient treatment so their family doesn't lose their home and such. The person has requested multiple times for help and getting inpatient treatment with compensation for family to not struggle financially due to spouse work schedule and childcare and mortgage. Is blown off and finds note from mst coordinator on va records stating she feels it's more about compensation than recovery. Will family be able to get compensation after veteran is dead from suicide? This veteran isn't getting the help they need and sees no way out. It was never about money to go around and shop with, it was money for the family to deal while veteran gets inpatient help for 2-3 months.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

No. If you want your family taken care of, dont do the deed before a c and p exam for sure. Missing an exam is automatic denial.

Best is to wait until you get 100 percent for at least 10 years. Then, you family can get DIC.

MOst life insurance has a 2 year suicide clause, so that wont work.

If your family is broke for 2 or 3 months, then they wont be the first family that has ever happened to, and they made it through it.

I lost my home in 2004, after I had applied for benefits in 2002 that did not come in time.

Its okay, tho, I have won my 100% plus SMC K, and now Im gonna keep appealing until I make VA pay me enough to get my home back. I will win, too. I already know I have the evidence, and they will have to pay, its just a matter of when. And, Im patient.

What I stated above came out a little harsh, and by no means did I mean for that. We all know that the VA will twist everything we say and do. I know that you don't want to get the money to get rich, but instead make sure your husband is not stressed or lose everything, I get that, but the VA does not, as there are too many Vets that are starving and Homeless just hoping to get some SC and a few bucks to get out of the street. I feel for you and your family, and I truly mean that my friend. I am so so sorry of what you are going thru. Please sit down with your family and decide what is best for you guys. Take care of your Mental Health needs and the rest will follow thru. Just don't think of causing harm to your self, it did not help me, and it would be a shame to lose another good Vet. God bless