Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Email To Hickey I Think I Got A Vague Response - What Do You Think?

Rate this question

mzzsweetpea

Question

I email Ms Hickey bcuz I felt my PTSD/MST C&P was biased and asked her to look into it, I got a response today saying "Ms Hickey cares about answering my email and asked her "claims team" to help expedite my inquiry but goes on to say the VA Regional office in my city is currently working on my claim and a decision hasn't been made yet. When a decision is made I'll be notified" ummm I already know they're working on my claim. Does this mean she's not intervening on my behalf? Unlike other post on here where she personally responded to people and even referred claims to other people that have contacted vets....it seems to me nothing extra from her office will be done with my claim.

Is that what it sounds like to you guys? I'm a little upset about my vague response without any mention her getting personally involved. I don't know how to feel about this other than more disappointment...cam someone she'd light on their interpretation of my response from her office please ;-(

I recently contacted my congresswoman about Veteran issues and access to records. i know theres a 99.9% chance nothing will be done, or even if something IS done it will be barely better than how it is. Mostly easier access to C Files, that everything be digitzed automatically and available like your SR is online and that any emails or correspondence internally with the VA or outside originating from the VA be included and accessible. This is also something i will address that an exam be available to the veteran as soon as it is the VA.

What i would love is that your C File is available through ebenefits and once you submit a claim in the claim process it shows exactly where your case is. IE if you are in "gathering evidence" it shows who in the VARO has the ball currently and all documents created in the process of the claim by the VA and that you submit show up in that process. Also that your decision letters are available online as well once they come out. This is so once you go into the C&P Exam once it is finalized and submitted for review it auto populates in your ebenefits claim status to view right away.

70% - PTSD

->50% - OSA (Secondary to PTSD)

30% - Bilateral Pes Planus w/Plantar Fasciitis

30% - Migraines

10% - Tinnitus

20% - Back

0% - bilateral shin splints

I'm not sure where it's stated we're not allowed access to our C&P prior to a decision bcuz my exam was on a friday, that Tuesday I went to release of information to pick mine up with no problem

"exaggerated, feigning and malingering"
OK this part isn't good. This is typically a hint to the raters for automatic denial. Your treating psychiatrist dx of PTSD will only get you another exam and hopefully with a different examiner. PTSD initials are required to be done at VAMC or contract examiners. This is why there is no private DBQ for PTSD Initial. Its possible to have a PTSD dx and walk out of the exam w/o a dx of PTSD according to their standards.

You didn't happen to have any in service tx complaints on AD for MH did you, anything in your records to point to a MH condition? Or treated within 12 months of SEPS?

Did you have any MH tx prior to service? And if so is it noted on your entrance exam?

Did you deploy? Any Combat or Campaign specific medals?

Edited by USN_HM_VSR

I'm not sure where it's stated we're not allowed access to our C&P prior to a decision bcuz my exam was on a friday, that Tuesday I went to release of information to pick mine up with no problem

It was on a link here to another site with FOIA transcripts of VA meeting, with the "topdogs" saying that it is to protect their weak, female docs who need to be protected from us crazy vets. Paraphrased, their words, not mine. They may still be available "locally" like you received them bc the VA is a disorganized mess, and no two locations seem to be able to both name the color of the sky the same, much less anything else. Their "solution to the fact that we are all unstable and violent, is to withhold the info so (again, paraphrasing, but pretty close) 'So we won't look up our C & P exams at the VA, get mad, and go on a rampage attacking C & P clerks and examiners'. They also went on to mention that they tend to put their female examiners predominantly on night shifts at small satellite clinics with inadequate security, but keeping the C & P exams away from vets is supposed to fix that, too, somehow? They are supposed to be testing this now. I would bet if you tried to look it up on "Blue Button" on myhealthyvet it is not there, if you had your exam in the last month. The 'custody responsibility' for C & P exams is supposed to fall under the BVA moving forward, from what I understand. I wish they had figured out how dangerous the C & P exam findings were earlier; we could have avoided 9/11, the holocaust and maybe even the extinction of the dinosaurs...

Original article: http://www.disabledveterans.org/2015/06/25/fear-of-violence-justified-denial-of-medical-records/

edited to add article link

Edited by TALON II FE

I recently contacted my congresswoman about Veteran issues and access to records. i know theres a 99.9% chance nothing will be done, or even if something IS done it will be barely better than how it is. Mostly easier access to C Files, that everything be digitzed automatically and available like your SR is online and that any emails or correspondence internally with the VA or outside originating from the VA be included and accessible. This is also something i will address that an exam be available to the veteran as soon as it is the VA.

What i would love is that your C File is available through ebenefits and once you submit a claim in the claim process it shows exactly where your case is. IE if you are in "gathering evidence" it shows who in the VARO has the ball currently and all documents created in the process of the claim by the VA and that you submit show up in that process. Also that your decision letters are available online as well once they come out. This is so once you go into the C&P Exam once it is finalized and submitted for review it auto populates in your ebenefits claim status to view right away.

Realistically, we should ALL do this, right now! Power in numbers. If they get hit by congressional members from different States, areas, parties, etc, etc, all in a small window of time, it may pierce the 'DC bubble' and become relevant to them. I wanted to put a nice, catchy phrase here, but I can't think of one, C & P July, isn't very catchy, lol. What do you think it would take to get people onboard?