VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Email To Hickey I Think I Got A Vague Response - What Do You Think?

Rate this question

mzzsweetpea

Question

I email Ms Hickey bcuz I felt my PTSD/MST C&P was biased and asked her to look into it, I got a response today saying "Ms Hickey cares about answering my email and asked her "claims team" to help expedite my inquiry but goes on to say the VA Regional office in my city is currently working on my claim and a decision hasn't been made yet. When a decision is made I'll be notified" ummm I already know they're working on my claim. Does this mean she's not intervening on my behalf? Unlike other post on here where she personally responded to people and even referred claims to other people that have contacted vets....it seems to me nothing extra from her office will be done with my claim.

Is that what it sounds like to you guys? I'm a little upset about my vague response without any mention her getting personally involved. I don't know how to feel about this other than more disappointment...cam someone she'd light on their interpretation of my response from her office please ;-(

i agree with T-Bird.

There is nothing that can be done by you or anyone until the evidence has been reviewed, rated and a decision made. once that is done thats when you can accept the outcome (good or bad) or file a NOD to appeal the decision and ask for a exam from a new examiner as well as request a hearing.

right now there is nothing she can do. If you get a decision and the exam shows that they ignored statement or evidence or the examiner was terrible, then she can intervene to maybe speed up a new exam, etc.

right now you are stuck in a place we are all familiar with, the solitary confinement of pre decision. It sucks and its nerve racking waiting for a decision and you chekc ebenefits or clal you vso everyday waiting for an update that wont come for awhile.

just be patient, if you want to feel like you are doing something, then perhaps start collecting more evidence seek out a IMO/IME etc in case it goes south.

Welcome aboard and sorry for how you feel, but I have to agree with guys above. You just don't know until the claim is complete. I have filed 4 FDCs in the last 2 years with over 30 C&Ps. Only a handful of exams felt like they went well, yet 90% of what I filed for was not only granted but at high %s. I always say that Evidence is Evidence is Evidence. If it is there for someone to read, then you should be fine in the end. Good luck and God Bless

Thanks you guys! I guess I'm just anxious and irritated that after 7 years if being denied and finally having enough "markers" in place to warrant my 1st C&P that it goes south.

I appreciate the feedback and I'll definitely keep you posted as it updates. Thanks a million

USMC_VET

right now you are stuck in a place we are all familiar with, the solitary confinement of pre decision. It sucks and its nerve racking waiting for a decision and you chekc ebenefits or clal you vso everyday waiting for an update that wont come for awhile.

just be patient, if you want to feel like you are doing something, then perhaps start collecting more evidence seek out a IMO/IME etc in case it goes south.

Navy04

Welcome aboard and sorry for how you feel, but I have to agree with guys above. You just don't know until the claim is complete. I have filed 4 FDCs in the last 2 years with over 30 C&Ps. Only a handful of exams felt like they went well, yet 90% of what I filed for was not only granted but at high %s. I always say that Evidence is Evidence is Evidence. If it is there for someone to read, then you should be fine in the end. Good luck and God Bless

mzzsweetpea

I'm agree totally with the credible advice everyone has given you. Evidence is the key to winning, however even when the evidence is there for VA to reads sometimes they overlook it or discount your positive evidence. So always protect yourself or as most know "CYA" while waiting reinforce your offense so you can win. All of us have been in C&P Exam room and left feeling that it did not go well and find out later all was well. Hang in there and I agree waiting on the decision is nerve wracking but you will feel better knowing Hadit is here to guide you and offer support.

• HadIt.com Elder

One of the problems is undoubtedly a quite common one. Bureaucrats are quite adept when it comes to internal goings on. The number of cases coming to the attention of the VA higher ups has to have increased exponentially.

At the same time the lower levels become more adept at providing acceptable answers. It'd suggest that contacting the higher ups be used when - - -

There is/are glaringly obvious error(s) that can quickly be corrected administratively.

A really serious problem exists with a claim or VA process, or even a VA employee.

Too often, the VA's status communications to veterans has been misleading, incomplete, and has little or no useful information.

"Wait and see" is often the most practical path for veterans to take.

After about ten years, I'm still trying to get the remaining issues in my claims sorted out, with several finally making it to the BVA traveling judge level just this year!

And this was after using the "email bob" option, which successfully dealt with a CUE that was obvious and easily dealt with administratively, rather than having it end up at the BVA level.

That was important, since it involved a significant amount of retro, and paved the way for "extra Scheduler" ratings.

It also seemed to get the VARO to stop sitting on things, and actually move them to the BVA level after years of just floating around the VARO.

The VA often reminds me of an old Dilbert computer game that had an animated scene showing everyone at a table shuffling tasks and paper back and forth as fast as they can.

The goal was to unload as much as possible on someone else. Never mind actually getting anything useful done!