Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nightmare C N P Exam Today Need Help

Rate this question

jusus27360

Question

I had my exam today an it was horrible. I have avasical necrosis in left shoulder which is very painful. Doing the exam she told me to lift my arm which as much as I could, she then stated.that she had to move my arm an she force my arm above my head. I scream in pain an started crying an she said "im so sorry i didnt mean to do that" wtf! She apologized several times stating that she didnt mean to do that. She then question me about a workers comp injury to my righr knee an asked.me if I had gotten compensated I told her yes an she said im going to report this an you will have money taken back I said wrf! My right knee was injured in the military an this workers comp was 20 yrs later an has nothing to do with my sc condition with my right knee. Please tell me what actions I can take. Ive been in so much pain since the exam both physically an mentally. Thanks for any input.

Rootbeer22

Thanks for your response, what was crazy she just read about the avasical necrosis, an said how painful this condition was. I lifted my arm as much as I could but when she pushed my arm completely over my head I just was shocked, mad an in alot of pain. Also can you help me understand how she was going to report that I recieved money for a workers comp claim an they were going to start taking money back. What the hell, my right knee was injured in the military an 20 yrs later I hurt it again at work. How can she even make a call like that? Was really confused about everything.

I've never heard of with holding compensation for workers comp. CnP examiner
Works for VAMC it is unlikely that they know anything about with holding of comp. A lot of them know nothing of the rating schedule, they are trained to do the exams. A lot of folks at VBA aren't that familiar with withholding that's why only certain people specialize in that area.

If anything if are you are SC for the knee, you injure it then guess what? it's time for increase exam. you get workers comp thru the work place or state or disability insurance you pay into.

Edited by USN_HM_VSR

Hamslice:

As a result of my complaints, later, I was able to do the same exam again and able to get and accurate goniometer reading that time. Interestingly, I was at my dentist last week and I hear someone say that they had a CP Exam at the same place I went to and the APRN Nurse did not use a measuring device which was very interesting. Folks can get tired and then sloppy sometimes and it not fair sometimes?

...Or, if you don't use it at all, you can play god and assign whatever number you want depending on your mood and how you 'feel' about the vet across from you. Just a thought.