Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wanted To Say Thanks To You All! Here Is My Track Record!

Rate this topic

CMDCMX30

CMDCMX30,

I was wondering, especially since our situations and timelines were so close, had you uploaded a DD-214 as soon as you had it?

I just dug out my copy of the claim I submitted back in Jan 2015 and noticed a "sticky note" I'd placed on the folder as a reminder to upload mine. When the VA Rep told me to do that, I was worried I'd forget in the ensuing months, and of course, I did thinking they should have a copy. Since retiring, NONE of the offices that were supposed to receive a copy from PSD got one. So I've spent a ton of time trying to fix everything--including my retirement pay, which was once again screwed up today. (Though I'd declined SBP, having had to have my wife's "permission" to do so, and gotten it notarized per the requirement, they automatically started deducting it from my pay.)

I uploaded a copy of my DD-214 yesterday, hoping that either they were waiting on it and didn't bother to tell me or that maybe they'd wake up once it hits the inbox.

Thanks in advance!

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats and thank you for serving

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as you get it!!!!

CMDCMX30,

I was wondering, especially since our situations and timelines were so close, had you uploaded a DD-214 as soon as you had it?

I just dug out my copy of the claim I submitted back in Jan 2015 and noticed a "sticky note" I'd placed on the folder as a reminder to upload mine. When the VA Rep told me to do that, I was worried I'd forget in the ensuing months, and of course, I did thinking they should have a copy. Since retiring, NONE of the offices that were supposed to receive a copy from PSD got one. So I've spent a ton of time trying to fix everything--including my retirement pay, which was once again screwed up today. (Though I'd declined SBP, having had to have my wife's "permission" to do so, and gotten it notarized per the requirement, they automatically started deducting it from my pay.)

I uploaded a copy of my DD-214 yesterday, hoping that either they were waiting on it and didn't bother to tell me or that maybe they'd wake up once it hits the inbox.

Thanks in advance!

WOW! Great News---with 30 years in you should be eligible for either CRDP or CRSC.....

I am sure your vet rep advised you on that...we have plenty of info on these benefits for retirees here --just search under CRDP CRSC at hadit.

The CRDP is "automatic" ....well it should be but they can screw that up sometimes and the CRSC must be applied for...They only award one or the other.

THANK YOU for those LONG years of your service

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use