VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received My 100%

Rate this topic

asheth007

Thank you Hadit for all your help so here is a breakdown of what I got. Mind you that when I was initially medically retired June of last year I had a 60%VA/50%DOD and initially they wanted to give me 30% VA 10% DOD. My main condition I deal with is Polymyositis and they rated it analgous to fibromyalgia which can only max at 40% which is what they gave me when I got out last year. Thankfully it has all been corrected now.

So here is how I am going to be rated now, This is also 100% P/T. I was lost when I got out last year and you guys here really helped me to understand the process much more. I will say my experience at my VA with the examiners I had was very good and I was pretty surprised to be honest. Total time from separation to completion was 1 year the claims didn't actually get opened until October so 10 months to completion.

What maybe helpful notes to others is: They knew I was going to school, they didn't really test me hard on ROM they wanted to see what I was capable of against gravity, but not helped.

acial acne 0% Service Connected 06/15/2014

obstructive sleep apnea 50% Service Connected 06/15/2014

lumbar degenerative disc disease with polymyositis (previously rated as thoracic spine degenerative disc disease) 40% Service Connected 06/15/2014

sciatica, right lower extremity 40% Service Connected 06/15/2014

sciatica, left lower extremity 40% Service Connected 06/15/2014

thoracic spine degenerative disc disease 10% Service Connected 06/15/2014

dysphagia 0% Service Connected 06/15/2014

cervical spine strain (previously rated as cervical spine IVDS) 10% Service Connected 06/15/2014

pseudofolliculitis barbae 0% Service Connected 06/15/2014

cervical spine intervertebral disc syndrome 0% Service Connected 06/15/2014

radiculopathy with carpal tunnel syndrome, right upper extremity 40% Service Connected 06/15/2014

bilateral pes planus Not Service Connected

left knee patellofemoral pain syndrome with polymyositis, with limited extension 40% Service Connected 06/15/2014

gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) with dysphagia 10% Service Connected 06/15/2014

right knee patellofemoral pain syndrome with polymyositis, with limited extension 40% Service Connected 06/15/2014

right knee patellofemoral pain syndrome with polymyositis, with limited painful flexion 10% Service Connected 06/15/2014

left knee patellofemoral pain syndrome with polymyositis, with limited painful flexion 10% Service Connected 06/15/2014

radiculopathy with carpal tunnel syndrome, left upper extremity Not Service Connected

right shoulder rotator cuff tendinopathy and AC joint osteoarthritis (dominant) 20% Service Connected 06/15/2014

polymyositis (previously rated as fibromyalgia DC 5025) 0% Service Connected 06/15/2014

migraine headaches 30% Service Connected 06/15/2014

major depressive disorder (also claimed as posttraumatic stress disorder) 30% Service Connected 06/15/2014

Edited by asheth007

I am not sure where to go next. I will fill out CRSC once I receive the packet from the VA as this was just decided on Friday. I know about chapter 35 for my daughter who is about to go to college, but I'm not sure about any additional benefits. I plan to see if I qualify for WWP they seem to have some great resources for veterans.

I'm not sure how dental works now that I'm eligible

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations.

AS For as receiving Dental Care take your award letter with you to the dental dept.(just in case)

However

they should be able to look on the computer at your 100%rating.

..............Buck

Edited by Buck52

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use