• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seen Phyisatrist Today

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I seen one of my Registered Physiatrist today at my VAMC,

she changed up the way I take my meds!

I was taking 1 one of this particular med she increased it to take two, and I was taking 2 of another med and she increased it to 3 the depression med.

anyway she talked to me for about 45min or so and then she ask me if I was going to file a claim?

I said I don't know never thought about it but since you mention it I will certainly think about it my spouse lost her Job and all we got coming in is what I get,

she look on the computer and said I see your 100% TDIU I said yes mam, and I said but we sure could use the extra$$ ...that was it then I left.

Now why would she ask me that?

I did notice when I walked into her office she had degrees and Awards certified certification's hung all over her wall probably about 14 or 16 or so

anyone have any clues as to why she ask me if I was going to file a claim?

Thanks

..................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Not sure what you are SC for, but maybe if you don't have a MH rating she might be interested in helping you out with getting one. Depending on your rating percentages, it could lead to SMC S.

Or maybe you found a provider who actually cares about their patients.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

insider stuff....recent IG reports dinged the VA on UI....you never know what goes on behind closed doors

maybe the establishmentarians are maneuvering vets into getting re-analyzed...then BAM...sudden reduction in IU to show congress...

it wait till the dust settles...

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I hope so Vync,

I need the MH SC, I Just received a PTSD Diagnoses and Moderately to severe depression!

I know she was very nice, I am kinda gun shy when it comes to any VA Dr helping me with a compensations claim, so I'm not sure how to go with her?

I had one Bad C&P doc tried his best to get my 50%SC Rated compensation taken away and it took a couple years to clear that mess up DRO Hearing and 90%combined over all rating & was Awarded TDIU P&T IT Back-fired on that Doc and I don't won't to go through all that BS anymore to stressful and I can't handle the stress I have now. this was back in 2002

So when she read on the computer I was TDIU 100% P&T that's when she didn't have to much to say after that...so I don't know what to do?

Should I ask her to fill out a DBQ? or AND NEXIS Statement? as to her professional opinion? that this disability is from his military service while in Vietnam???

I have stressors and proof of where I was and what happen and the Bad things I witnessed...its just been a long time I never told anyone, my spouse went with me to my PCP regular Appointment and she told my PCP every freaking thing and my PCP sent me to MH for an Evaluation.

Thanks

..............Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I advise anyone to be cautious of VA doctors asking about your claims and things of that nature. They might be nice to you but they're agents of a system not designed to be veteran friendly. Outside help is the only way I roll.

• HadIt.com Elder

bionoce,

That's what I mean about being gun shy! you never know.

................Buck

Follow your gut man. If you're unsure, tell that VA doc to f herself in the nicest way possible. I once had a nice VA social worker before I was awarded IU look up to see what my demeanor was at a previous appointment with a VA pill pushing psychiatrist. I happened to be calm at that psychiatrist appointment because I hadn't been to work in over a week. It wasn't used against me I later found out, but you never know like you said. Government documents everything, especially an agency that pays compensation to disabled veterans. No trust for government and its agents. Ever.

Edited by bionoce