Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question Regarding "request For Decision" Button On The Claim Details Page

Rate this question

green

Question

Hoping someone with more Ebenefits experience than I have can answer a question.

I filed an expedited claim for 5 secondary conditions. According to Ebenefits the status is currently "Under Review".

On the Claim Details page there is a block of text with a link or button (don't know for sure because I'm unsure if I should push it) that says:

Ask VA to Decide Your Claim

You can request to have your claim evaluated as soon as possible, if you have no other documents or evidence to provide VA. VA will evaluate your claim without waiting for additional evidence.

I thought this was what I was doing when I submitted the fully developed claim. Am I supposed to click the "Request a Claim Decision" button or link, is the VA waiting to proceed until I click it?

I apologize if this is clear to everyone but me.

Thank you,

Green

I did not have good luck with the "request for decision button". It must have kind of irritated them, and I got a decision...everything was denied and poorly so. You know..the same old same old.

You could check to see if:

1. You have documented diagnosis

2. You have a verified in service event or agravation

3. You have a nexus between the two.

Even tho I did this, they made a decision and did not consider all the evidence so it will probably take me an extra 4 years through the maze of BVA again. It was a costly mistake for me.

The VA insists on taking their sweet time. It does not matter if you and nine children are living in a cardboard box. They want you to wait and wait, and not push them into a decision.

Edited by broncovet

i had the same question. I found it redundant

If Filing a FDC claim it should be automatic, since by filing it, you are saying "i have no more evidence i want to give you"

Im wondering however if by clicking this, that is what makes it a FDC claim?

I hit it for my claims, It sat there for a few weeks then i had a request from the VA to submit to them some more evidence to support my claim under gulf war illnesses, etc.

So i dont know what that did since i asked them to just make a decision.

The FDC claim is a statement that you have no more documents to submit and is contained in the EZ form before you submit it. The Button on the web site has noting to do with making your claim FDC.

Okay, thanks everyone. I will ignore the button and see how things progress.

Green

I filed a claim via DAV VSO on 25 March 2015. When it showed up on eBenefits, I noticed that two of the disabilities that the VSO told me he was requesting an increase for weren't there. I called the VSO and he told me to go ahead and file another claim if I wanted to. I filed a FDC via eBenefits for an increase in all disabilities on 21 April 2015, including those the VSO had already filed for. I was scheduled for a C & P exam on 20 June 2015 and the decision notification letter was dated 30 June 2015 with two of the disabilities deferred. I didn't use the "ask VA to decide your claim" button and thought mine was decided pretty fast.

I noticed it today and clicked it in response to two remand "pending decision approval" status notifications. We'll see what happens....