• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Members Opinion Needed!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello,

As most you guys know I was recently diagnosed with PTSD and Moderately Severe Depression by the VA in June 2015...code 9411 not sure on this rating?

also Unspecific Depression disorders code for that is 9435...which for the rating I would ask for that suites my symptom's would be 70% I understand there suppose to award/rate the highest of the two!

My dilemma is I cant make up my mind rather to file a claim or not, I am getting TDIU P&T on a combined rating of 90% for servere hearing loss/tinnitus, been that way now for almost 14 consecutive years. (paid at the 100%rate) Iam well over over 55..actually 63

IF I get a 70%rating with PTSD this would qualify for SMS's House Bound &some extra income If I win the claim and it sure would help out.

I just don't know what to do.? need suggestions and opinions & I do know it all boils down to my choice I realize that but just needed some suggestion as what maybe you guys would do if you were in my shoes?

If I decide to file I need to file as this as a new claim correct? not an increase claim or FDC claim.

I can't file it as FDC because I need some STR's and more Service Records to prove some stressors, as evidence this PTSD is because of my Military Service From RVN. years later.

The VA social Worker says this can happen to Veterans years later , as same as what my MH doc said & she a license BOARD CERTIFIED VA Physiatrist.

Matter fact the physiatrist ask me if I was going to file a claim? I told her I don't know yet?

So as my friends & experience members with compensation claim here on hadit (in your opinion or advice) do you have any suggestion as to rather or not I should file a New Claim with this and just hope for the best?

I trust everyone here on Hadit especially the elder members such as Ms Berta, Jbasser, Jerrel Cook, asknod, Ms tbird, Carlie, Phillip Rogers, Georgiapapa , broncovet, Pete 53, Pete 992, Chuck 75 John999,Gastone,and other hdit members as well.

Thanks you all for your support and your valuable Advice.

I'm at loss right now and can't think very well....and just need a little help on this matter, as my spouse wanted me to ask on here, as she too trust all the hadit members vs any VSO or Vet Center, or any other Veterans organization.

We both Appreciate you guys!

..........Buck & Ms Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

One of my VA MH physiatrist ask me if I was going to file a comp claim (I played kinda stupid) I said I don't know never thought about it, I thought it was a trick question.

as for as filing for ptsd you maybe should say the Depression has caused you to get PTSD but you need to be diagnosed by the VA Doc.

especially if you have some military stressors for PTSD And they say it is likely as not caused by depression while in the military they need to connect the two together.

jmo

.....................Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck,

I do have the stressors in my STRs, (alcohol abuse, stress related sleep issues, stress related gastro intestinal issues, and constant sinus infections, and TMJ that lasted for 4 years straight!). And I have suicidal thoughts going back to my attempt while at work, on AD. So I think that would certainly point towards non-traumatic ptsd.

How long where you being treated by that MH doc before they asked if you were going to file a claim?

Andy

• HadIt.com Elder

yes it would andy...just make sure your diagnosed is from a qualified VA Dr. IF A Nurse Practioner Diagnosed I don't think they will use them?

As for as how long Probably in all a total of 5 weeks or so...it was a VA reregistered physiatrist that ask me that, the one in charge of me I think?

Now they have me on different meds and seeing a therapist once a week but not sure if that's helping any? to early to tell so for I don't see or feel a difference in change??

..The MH Dr was looking at my medical records and noted I was diagnosed with depression 331? back in 1999...I never knew I was?

I don't understand a lot of the codes and the method they use,I just need to make sure everything is diagnosed by a qualified VA Dr & I file the correct forms and get in all my evidence to get this SC.

I can't afford to go see a private Doc since my spouse is not working due to her disabilitys and she won't get anything for like 6 months she has just been approved for her SSDI.

I Don't want to get in a big hurry and file a claim to soon only to be denied, when they look it over with a fine tooth comb, the severity of the PTSD is what I need to find out and the depression again those codes the use I don't understand them but researching it.

...............Buck

Edited by Buck52

I go see my MH doc again in a few weeks, so I will ask him what his opinion is, at this early stage. I will be taking my Myhealthevet PTSD questionaire results along to give him. He is a psychotherapist. Wants me to talk my way to a better me. Hmm, guess that will resolve the night sweats and poor sleeping(CPAP only helps a little).

Sorry to hear about your wife, I can't imagine how that is.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thays good Andyman,

when you go see your MH Doc, let me know how that PTSD QUESTIONER went with your Doc...I might do the same?

I see a therapist every week so for...but the things he mention for me to try is not helping, I just take it one day at a time. still have night-mares sweats and my anger seems to be getting worse, talking about the past.

.I told him I'd soon not talk about the past he said OH but we need to...so IDK?

I'll try what he ask me to try but putting a closer on the past I don't see how that will happen, you can just erase some things in your mind ya know!!!

.................Buck

Buck,

Sorry been a few days. Work blocked posting privileges to all social media. So I can look but not touch.

My night sweats have increased in frequency since I first saw the MH doc. I had been having them 1 or 2 times a month, but now it's once every 6 or 7 days.  I keep having visions or images of me in a hospital bed gripped in a nightmare, looking like I'm either in intense pain or fever. And the MSGT is standing at the side of the bed yelling at me to get my uniforms squared away. But sometimes no one is there at all.

I don't know if this is my nightmare when I'm having my night sweats. I usually get these visions when I'm awake.  I remember when I first told my PCP about the night sweats, a few years ago, I been having them for over 10 years. And that it was 3 to 4 times a week.  I asked if it was caused by HBP, he said no. And he wasn't concerned in the slightest. 

I see the MH doc in a few weeks. He wanted me to start writing down my thoughts and feelings when I'm feeling anything. Or when I notice my ears burning.  Not too keen on that, though.

Oh, he did say that its possible that my mind is blocking what ever is going on during my night sweat episodes.  The mind blocks memories to protect us from the effects of them.  Yay me.

Andy