• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Members Opinion Needed!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello,

As most you guys know I was recently diagnosed with PTSD and Moderately Severe Depression by the VA in June 2015...code 9411 not sure on this rating?

also Unspecific Depression disorders code for that is 9435...which for the rating I would ask for that suites my symptom's would be 70% I understand there suppose to award/rate the highest of the two!

My dilemma is I cant make up my mind rather to file a claim or not, I am getting TDIU P&T on a combined rating of 90% for servere hearing loss/tinnitus, been that way now for almost 14 consecutive years. (paid at the 100%rate) Iam well over over 55..actually 63

IF I get a 70%rating with PTSD this would qualify for SMS's House Bound &some extra income If I win the claim and it sure would help out.

I just don't know what to do.? need suggestions and opinions & I do know it all boils down to my choice I realize that but just needed some suggestion as what maybe you guys would do if you were in my shoes?

If I decide to file I need to file as this as a new claim correct? not an increase claim or FDC claim.

I can't file it as FDC because I need some STR's and more Service Records to prove some stressors, as evidence this PTSD is because of my Military Service From RVN. years later.

The VA social Worker says this can happen to Veterans years later , as same as what my MH doc said & she a license BOARD CERTIFIED VA Physiatrist.

Matter fact the physiatrist ask me if I was going to file a claim? I told her I don't know yet?

So as my friends & experience members with compensation claim here on hadit (in your opinion or advice) do you have any suggestion as to rather or not I should file a New Claim with this and just hope for the best?

I trust everyone here on Hadit especially the elder members such as Ms Berta, Jbasser, Jerrel Cook, asknod, Ms tbird, Carlie, Phillip Rogers, Georgiapapa , broncovet, Pete 53, Pete 992, Chuck 75 John999,Gastone,and other hdit members as well.

Thanks you all for your support and your valuable Advice.

I'm at loss right now and can't think very well....and just need a little help on this matter, as my spouse wanted me to ask on here, as she too trust all the hadit members vs any VSO or Vet Center, or any other Veterans organization.

We both Appreciate you guys!

..........Buck & Ms Buck

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

OIC,

So the Hearing SC at 90% TDIU P&T would stay where it is...and if I get a 70% rating for PTDS/Depression which ever has the higher severity , then that 70% would make me eligible for SMC's House Bound? if I ask for it?

They don't just give that to you correct?? what would 90% & 70% add up to with VA Math?

I read in the code rating sec of the disability's that with ptsd if veteran can't care for himself, has bad hygiene never shaves, dresses sloppy along with his other symptoms of ptsd/depression, usually a 100% rating.....

I don't have bad hygiene and I dress casual;

just very depressed and have nightmares wake up sweating not sleeping good, have out burst of anger during the day,no patients, don't like to be around people including family, never get out only when I have to,its like I am just waiting to die at any time. that's the kind of thoughts I have.

I don't have any friends at all nadda none what so ever my best friends have passed on and I just can't seem to make friends and don't trust anyone, I am being treated for it now but its been left alone gone untreated for way to long.

I tried going to vet centers but that only makes it worse for me they talk about the past to much for me I don't like to remember the things in Nam but when its brought up I get stressed out way to much and its seems to just repeat itself.

I have other complications too that seem to be Non service connected but all diagnosed by the VAMC. Idk? never had these before military?? They all came up after the military.

Pernicious Anima (no B-12 in my body's system) have to take B-12 injections, Diagnosed by the VA, had my hand operated on & caused scaring and stiff tissue, Having prostate problems (swollen prostate) uncontrollable urine I wear the pee pads)) Have ED, These things I have mention to my pcp and being treated for them but nothing is helping, other than the B-12 injections do help with the Pernicious Anima .

what's weird is no one in my family has this Pernicious Anima? but no AO connection.

And I never been obese until about 8 10 years ago now I am way over weight 60/70 lbs over weight.

I started the 16 week Move program with the VA I'm in my 5th week so for lost 5 lbs a lb a week.

I just got a premium ebenefit's account now just need to learn how to navigate through all of it.

Thanks Everyone for your information and advice I appreciate it.

.................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Ms Berta and I appreciate you letting me know about the ptsd regs

its just that I don't understand them or what they mean?

so what forms is it that I should use to file for PTSD?

Should I go the FDC rout? or file for increase because of the new disability? or just file a new claim for ptsd?

I don't won't to lose what I already have?

I guess I don't understand how this works...jbasser mention them dropping the TDIU P&T if they rate me with ptsd at 70% to 100%?

I seem to think if I get a rating at all with ptsd it will be in the 10/30% range based on the Mild to Severe Depression code ratings...10% to 30% ? that would not make me eligible for the HB SMC!

confused sorry.

......................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you bronco

I can't work so if they take away my IU...Then were done we will lose everything we have and be out on the street. its as simple as that.

I just don't want the VA to think I am being greedy beings I'm already getting the IU.

OR any of you guys to think that.

Sure we could use the extra $$ who couldn't, but if its a chance for me losing my IU...Maybe its not worth it?

Buck,

You not greedy, just trying to get what is owed to you....all of it.

I have no clue as to how you feel, I'm not combat nuthin...just a Jarhead airdale mech type, I each. I feel some of those things you described, too. Especially the night sweats. I mentioned it to my PCP several times, over the years, and he gives me nothing. I ask if it's related to my HBP, he says no. My ears get bright red and burning, he says not related to HBP. I noted that my ears do that when ever I get near a stressful location, home, work, social functions...I've been asked a thousand times...why are your ears red? I don't know...why are they???

When my daughter was about 4, we were talking about friends, (don't remember why) and she laughed and said "silly Daddy, you don't have any friends" Good thing she was only 4, I knew she didn't know the cutting strength of those words. I've never told anyone that.

You have friends here, don't forget that.

File the claim, protect what's yours, for you and your family.

Semper Fi.

Andy

• HadIt.com Elder

Andyman

Ask your pcp to refer you to MH.

They can check you out about your stress, but you may need to see an ear Dr too?

Thanks for your encouragement.

Buck,

Believe it or not, I do have an appointment with MH doc tomorrow. I had a claim for increase for my SCD hearing due to a change in my tinnitus which is also SC'd. I never even thought to mention the red ears.

It seems to me that it's always apparent to others in social settings. I can feel it when it happens. They start to burn and feel hot to the touch. It feels like a second degree sunburn. I will ask the MH doc tomorrow.

As for stress...you may recall some of my earlier posts in other threads. I think the doc wants to go over my alcohol abuse during my service years. Don't know when he will go into the suicidal thoughts, very anxious about that.

I will let you how that went. I did see his preliminary notes through myhealthevet and his first impression is major depression reoccurring. I am hoping he will move towards ptsd. I enjoy OSA, and have such fun trying to sleep with my CPAP. I know that sleep apnea and ptsd are linked.

Semper Fi.

Andy