• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

PUREADY,

Did the Acupuncture work for ya?

And imo I'am thinking the choice card will get you in to private Dr if VA can't get you in within 30 days of an appointment...but make sure you get a confirmation on the choice card before you use the private Doc. or you will be stuck with the Bill.

jmo

................Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

PUREADY,
Did the Acupuncture work for ya?

Buck it is the best treatment I had in ten years of pain my pain level

went from a 7-8 to a 3-4. Also headache went away, I went from 2 blood

pressure pills to one every other day it help in a lot of ways. I tell him the problems

I was having and he find the trigger points about 20 needles but it helps me.

I'm just tried of raising hell for every little benefits I am entitle to it never ends with VA

I raise hell about one gold teeth had to go to Bob for that. Atlanta dental don't do gold,

but Augusta VA does and both are in the same states. Now the dentist in Atlanta VA

said the order come from Washington every vet that's has gold already has to be put back

if doing dentures or implants. Now this dentist is milking VA for money he is not doing I been waiting

for one screw that lost out for one year he still hadn't find one but keep calling me in for appointments

He made a new upper suppose to be ready I go Thursday it wont even fit into my mouth nor will

it fit my anchors or what ever it call them finally got them in couldn't talk with them.

I told him the first time they look to big but he keep right on making them so now start over.

Sorry for rant just sick of this shit plus my claim going back to BVA its hell but will stick it out

have no choice

• HadIt.com Elder

I was able to use fee based earlier this year, and as a result, saved my pockebook about 1.5K that using Medicare advantage would have cost me.

Today, with all that's going on, (money money, money!) I'd probably have to use Medicare Advantage if timely treatment was required.

The choice program, as it was in effect in the first part of the year, was less than useful, due to the lack of specialty providers, and

PCP's on the choice list were one's I've never heard of. (Even though we have lived in the same community for more than thirty years!)

• HadIt.com Elder

I am starting to dislike my Medicare Advantage Plan cause it does not pay and my Doc hates it. I am thinking of going to straight Medicare and hopefully a supplement if I can get one. When I did cataract replacement surgery it cost me almost 3,000 out of pocket to get the right lens. They denied my chiropractor and the copay for that is half but it works for me. I asked the VA to let me see one and not holding breath for that either.

I am pretty disgusted with the whole setup my care and the crap medicine the VA provides me. Everything I get is generic and generations old.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

I know what ya mean pete53, I think were all tired of the bad care with the VA.

..........Buck

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!