Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sorta Vindicated

Rate this topic

willidx4

I was diagnosed with a personality disorder in 2005 during a C&P exam (GAF 42), and again in 2012 during a c&p (GAF51) I was diagnosed with Major Depression and Anxiety by my VA Psychiatrist in late 2013. After almost two years of medication he decided that I might have PTSD and sent me to a VA Psychologist (who he said had a lot of experience dealing with Vets with PTSD). After two visits and some diagnostic testing the Psychologist stated in the notes of myhealthvet that I met the criteria for PTSD chronic and would be treating me for PTSD. I have been diagnosed by three different private Psychiatrist since 2005, and treated for PTSD at a VET center and the VA ignored all of those diagnoses. I was diagnosed with PTSD by the VA Psychologist on 8/6/2015 I was given an C&P today (8/11/2015) lets see if the VA believes there own diagnosis. :biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

That is Great news.  You apparently filed a claim for PTSD, that was denied prior to the 2010 PTSD regs?

If so, those past diagnoses might have a bearing on trying to get a better EED.

"I have been diagnosed by three different private Psychiatrist since 2005, and treated for PTSD at a VET center and the VA ignored all of those diagnoses."

What did you mean by 'ignored"? and what EED did they give you?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

That is Great news.  You apparently filed a claim for PTSD, that was denied prior to the 2010 PTSD regs?

If so, those past diagnoses might have a bearing on trying to get a better EED.

"I have been diagnosed by three different private Psychiatrist since 2005, and treated for PTSD at a VET center and the VA ignored all of those diagnoses."

What did you mean by 'ignored"? and what EED did they give you?

Berta what I mean by "ignored" is the VA stood by the c&p exam DX in 2005 of a personality disorder. I reopened the claim in 2012 I was granted a c&9p in 2013 the VA stood by the personality disorder DX again ( I had two Diagnosis of ptsd from two different Psychiatrist outside of the VA at the time) In 2014 I reopened the claim again armed with a DX of ptsd from a VA Psychologist. I was granted 30% ptsd  this month.

• 2 years later...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use