VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

1,000+ Days And Counting...

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

So it has been almost 1,100 days since I filed my nod requesting a DRO instead of going straight to the bva. I called the 800# and asked if there has been any updates. Nope, just the usual, 'your case is awaiting a dro to make a decision...' The one new thing I never heard of them having on my file is a congressional letter earlier this year. I guess the digital letter I sent through a gov site to Obama actually got read. Is there anything I can do or ask my va lawyer to do to speed this up?

I posted this earlier, about BVA appeals. You can look it up yourself, but the "Average" NOD to BVA decision is about 4.5 years.

This includes about 1000 days or so where your friendly local VARO "sits" on your appeal and "incubates" it.

Edited by broncovet

Is that counting after dropping hearing,I had dropped in October 2014,i9 appeal 07/13/2015,today 08/11/2015 received letter stating hearing with video 7th front of judge September 23,2015,how much longer,2 more years.

I had published the (BVA) Chairmans report on 2013, but the 2014 report is now out and its worse than 2013 as expected.

Notice of Disagreement Receipt to Statement of the Case VBA 330 days

AOJ Statement of the Case Issuance to Substantive Appeal (VA Form 9) Receipt Appellant 39 days

Substantive Appeal Receipt to Certification and Receipt of Appeal at the Board VBA 681 days

Receipt of Certified Appeal to Issuance of Board Decision* Board 357 days Board

This makes a total for 2014 of 1407 days, but 2015numbers are still worse. (2013's average was 1295 days, so it got worse by 112 days in just one year)

This does not mean you will get your BVA appeal done in a "lighnting fast 1407 days" in 2015, but rather it will take much longer because there are many more appeals submitted.

The chairman did not report the hearing times in his report.

Look it up for yourself:

http://www.bva.va.gov/Chairman_Annual_Rpts.asp

By extrapolation, this would mean that 2015's average days will be more than 1600 days, or right in line with most Vets advocates estimates of 4 to 5 years. However, appeals have increased dramatically in 2015, so the average could well be 5 to 6 years or even longer now.

My RO has also been dragging its feet, and took another 3 years just to "implement" the Board decision, and I had to email Allison Hickey to get them to do it THAT FAST.

Edited by broncovet

I posted this earlier, about BVA appeals. You can look it up yourself, but the "Average" NOD to BVA decision is about 4.5 years.

This includes about 1000 days or so where your friendly local VARO "sits" on your appeal and "incubates" it.

Does those figures include just the nod to dro review with new evidence?