Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dragon program

john999

• Founder

i've used and it worked pretty well, the more you use it the better it gets.

Dragon Tutorials

There is also Lynda.com it costs but I have it to learn lots of stuff and it works for me.

Dragon Dictation Video Courses and Tutorials from lynda.com

www.lynda.com/Dragon-Dictation...tutorials/6601-0.html
Lynda.com
Feb 25, 2015 - Learn how to use Dragon Dictation, from beginner basics to advanced techniques, with online video tutorials taught by industry experts.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Jim... on Windows 10.... as my PC told me last week when he set this new PC up, I would get a notice for the download and got it yesterday...he said the main PC mags have given it a great rating but said if I dont want to switch why bother.I have having enough problems as it is getting used to this new system and the new hadit board at the same time...he he

I didnt realize until yesterday this is a touch screen and even the mouse feels different

Does the download Windows 10 thing allow you to just save it and not download it yet?

It probably does but I don't want to start a download I might not want.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Yes Berta, you can save it as an .iso or even make a bootable USB/DVD and install it later. I strongly recommend doing this!  A few things to remember:  (1) Win10 has to be upgraded from within a working qualifying version of Windows;  (2) Once you do that, you will have install keys for a "clean install."  If you do a clean install from the media, you will have to purchase install keys at $119 for each computer 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

The Media Creator Tool is 17.3 MB.

You have a year from July 29, 2015 to upgrade for free.

I have a computer that isn't used much and doesn't contain anything that isn't backed up somewhere else.  I am going to upgrade that one and see how it goes.  If I encounter problems, I can just format and restore the computer.

Berta (and anyone else interested), it you want to hold off a little, let me see if the upgrade makes a mess and I will report back my results.  I don't know if Voice Recognition is included in Windows 10, but if it is and performs like its predecessors, I will stick with it.  When I programmed my father's computer for voice, I used Dragon because their wasn't much else out there.  Interestingly enough, a man and his wife wrote Dragon and owned it out right, then they sold it to a bigger company for about $380 million.  The new owners really screwed it up and were about to toss it when the man and his wife stepped up and bought it back for about $50 million. Not a bad profit!  It was their life's work and they were really pissed.  Once they had reacquired ownership, they went to work on getting back into shape.  You couldn't buy it for about a year, but when you could buy it again it was better than the original.

I hope nobody thinks (John999, T-bird, etc.) that I am putting Dragon down, I just feel like the built in Microsoft version is better in almost all respects--and free.  I felt/fell the same way about Windows Security Essentials as opposed to Norton, McAfee, PC-matic, etc.  If you are going to be using Windows (a couple of billion installed copies), then use the resources built into it-less conflicts.

A few things to know before upgrading to Window 10:  (1) You HAVE to upgrade from inside a working copy of a qualifying version of Windows.  If you do it any other way, you will have to pay $119 for installation keys.  Upgrading will produce a set of keys that you can use to do a clean install on that SAME computer.  With those keys in hand (read that as written down on paper), you can then do a complete clean install but you will lose all of your data and programs. You cannot install Windows 10 from the same partition that you are installing it on. (2)  BACKUP your important files before you start!; (3)  You will need about 5 GBs free on the partition where you intend to upgrade. Microsoft says 3 GBs, but once you are in the middle of the upgrade,  you will get a pop-up requiring 5 GBs.  Unless you have that free space, Windows 10 will not even begin downloading--but it won't tell you that, only a "Something happened" and you get to start all over. (4)  Once you are done, you can reclaim that space using Clean Disk under Properties of that disk. (5) Windows 10 is going to be the most intrusive operating system written so far.  It will read ALL of your files (emails, messages, hadit post, programs, documents, photos, videos, Skype calls--ALL of your files); and allow MS to send you very targeted ads much like Google, iOS and most smart phones already do.  I assume it will do much more than just read these files-I believe it will also store copies of them. After it is installed, it is programmed to "call home" when one of about 30 events happen. If you can see the little Get Windows 10 icon in the notification area, then Windows has already analyzed your computer for compatibility without your permission. (6) You can find the downloaded Windows 10 files here:  C:\$Windows.~BT, in a subfolder called Sources.  Move those files to another location (memory stick, external HDD, burn to DVD) if you plan on doing the upgrade later. (7) Language packs have to be re-installed AFTER the upgrade.

Sorry John for stepping all over your post!

I have attached the Media Creation Tool and screen shots of your options.  The MCT is for Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro in English for a 32bit computer.

My PM is open and I will happily help whomever I can.

Semper Fi!

MediaCreationTool32.exe

MediaCreationTool1.JPG

MediaCreationTool1.JPG

Thanks Jim! That was very concise and I have time to think about it . I have Windows 8 now and love it.

I might burn 10 to a DVD. I was using Windows 2003 for along time with no major problems but wanted a whole new system and the Windows 10  got into the Windows 10 queue when my new PC winth # 8  was installed about 2 weeks ago.

I had to relearn everything to even include the mouse ....same time the hadit site changed......:unsure:

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.