VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apnea

Rate this topic

Buck,

According to my ENT, the oral appliance (mouth piece) for sleep apnea works about 20% of the time in mild sleep apnea cases and is useless in moderate or severe sleep apnea cases. They also cost around $2000.00 which is usually not covered by insurance.

I highly recommend the new surgical procedures involving implants. I had my procedure and was released from the hospital the same day.   The surgical procedure was painless and I had minimal pain during my recovery.  As a result of the procedure, I no longer require CPAP.  

GP

Say it isn't so.  Man GP, I am jealous, as today I ordered some more filters for mine ResMed, the washable ones.  John had done it some time ago, how are you feeling?  Any corks or issues come up yet? I may look into it again.

Say it isn't so.  Man GP, I am jealous, as today I ordered some more filters for mine ResMed, the washable ones.  John had done it some time ago, how are you feeling?  Any corks or issues come up yet? I may look into it again.

ArNG11,

I am sleeping good and I feel better during the day,  So far, knock on wood, I have not had any issues other than an occasional clicking noise caused by tongue movement against my teeth.  The crazy thing about it is I have only heard the clicking when my implant device is off.   I actually believe the clicking may be related to a nerve in my tongue and not the implant device.  The clicking doesn't bother me that much and I would prefer it to a CPAP anyday of the week.

GP

• HadIt.com Elder

GP

So Inspire is working for you?   I am glad to hear it.  I know that since Inspire I don't snore when it is in use.  It did reduce my OSA from "Profound/Severe"  to "Moderate" which is a big deal in my case since I just could not tolerate the CPAP.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

John is tempting me to look further into this procedure...

Anyone know about the new devise you put inside your mouth over the teeth  to help sleep better & cut down on snoring  vs the Sleep C-Pap   Machine?

no surgery or harsh procedures, just a fitting   they mold the device   like a dentist does for dentures!

Its actually for the ones that have problems sleeping with the C-Pap Machine.

sleep sevices

http://www.simplesleepservices.com/

Thanks

....Buck

Buck52:

I tried this along just about every other device out there and it did not work for me. The CPAP does not work for a lot of people. The best thing out there is the Inspire II which puts a probe in your throat and a battery/regulator in your chest and sends a signal to keep your throat open at night. It's about 30K, very new and most insurances do not cover it  - but some do? Also, you'll need a BMI of under 30 consistently, meaning your high does not go over 30 BMI at anytime... also there's someone on this bard that has it but I don't want to call him out unless he wants to contribute to the discussion?  Take Care...Rootbeer22